Author Topic: Arrow taper jig (not nock)  (Read 5581 times)

bjordnolf

Arrow taper jig (not nock)
« on: November 03, 2007, 11:02:56 pm »
Has anyone made a jig for doing taper and or barrel taper for arrows?
thanks

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Arrow taper jig (not nock)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 12:02:37 am »
I've made a jig but haven't used it yet.  It is made with 2 pieces of angle iron screwed to a 1x2 of hardwood. By loosening the screws I can adjust the angle of the taper. I think I read to use 35 to 60 grit sandpaper glued to the inside of the angle irons and a drill motor to rotate and work the shafts through the tapering jig.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:47:10 am »
   Austin,I have one.You have to use the Stanley Planer.You can have it.
I know arrow makers ;) so I don't need it.Are you going to be back in Fl anytime soon?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

brokennock

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 01:02:43 am »
I'd be interested in some pics/diagrams on making such a jig. Would also like some tips on maikin compressed shafting. I bought the block 3 Rivers sells but have not been able to make it work using a hand drill and the block clamped in a vice. I heat it with a torch. Shafts always break. I'd like to compress 11/32 shafting down to 5/16 fom the nock to about 3" from the point taper.

bjordnolf

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 01:46:10 am »
Thanks guys, Eddie I will be back in FL the 16th through the 25th, would love to get together and hunt or somethin.
thanks