Author Topic: Hazelnut bow build-a-long (fixed pictures)  (Read 284336 times)

Offline medicinewheel

Re: Hazelnut bow build-a-long
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2008, 07:02:34 am »
sometimes it's really hard to find words cause too much superlative wears out fast! ...but what else could one use but superlative in this case??
gordon, you're a master (with austrian hat and without!!!  ;D )
thanks for sharing your knowledge,

frank
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 07:28:06 am by medicinewheel »
Frank from Germany...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2008, 09:02:05 am »
Nice build along Gordon, very detailed and my complinints to the photographer the pictures were well taken and in focus.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2008, 12:03:38 pm »
Gordon.  That's incredible.  Thank you so much for sharing. 

Moderators:  Is there any way just Gordon's posts and pictures from this build-along can be consolidated into one file?  What a tutorial that would make. 

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Staver

« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2008, 05:00:33 pm »
Thanks a lot Gordon, your build-a-long will prove invaluable for me on all of my future bows.  As you may already know, I'm a neophyte and recently finished my first bow.  My next bow will be a simple D bow and I'll be coming back to your build-a-long for extra guidance.  Thanks again for the tip on handle/arrow rest placement.  Joe H

Offline BigWapiti

« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2008, 09:03:25 pm »
Is there any way just Gordon's posts and pictures from this build-along can be consolidated into one file?  What a tutorial that would make. 

With Gordon's permission, I had been putting his build-along into a published pdf format.  There was so much talk and want of it getting integrated into the Bible, I felt all the work it was taking me to do it would end up being for not - so I stopped. 

I could finish and post it if more than a few are interested - and if Gordon approves it.  Its just a time consuming process, I want to be sure it'll be worth the time.

I'm not publishing a book, just putting the photos and his comments into a more readable format.

Mike
Mike B.
Central Washington State
"Take a kid hunting, it'll make a WORLD of difference" -me

wvfknapper

« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2008, 09:20:24 pm »
I am for it :)

wvflintknapper

Offline Gordon

« Reply #216 on: January 06, 2008, 09:37:53 pm »
I absolutely approve Mike. I've had several inquiries to this effect. You would be doing me a great favor.
Gordon

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2008, 11:51:05 pm »
outstanding bow Gordon! I learned a lot from this. although I was looking forward to learning the "strunk" handle wrap.  ;) looking forward to you coming to the Traditional Archers of Oregon banquet later this month, be sure to bring this bow along. I think all of us on this site realize that we need to come up a notch or two in quality on our bows. thanks again. PS.... your dad would be proud!

Offline Gordon

« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2008, 12:15:51 am »
Dave, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the TAO event. I can show you how to do the Strunk wrap if you like - it's not really that difficult. Thank you for the compliments.

Gordon
Gordon

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2008, 01:31:33 am »
Gordon.  That's incredible.  Thank you so much for sharing. 

Moderators:  Is there any way just Gordon's posts and pictures from this build-along can be consolidated into one file?  What a tutorial that would make. 

Otoe
I was trying to figure that out myself, I do have an idea.  Ill do it tomarrow.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2008, 11:00:57 am »
Mike:  Obviously I'd be interested in a consolidated file.  Thanks to all for your hard work. 

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Ghost

« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2008, 10:46:59 pm »
I am new member, this is a fantastics thread as it the site.

Thanks Gordon!!!

Ghost

Slivershooter

« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2008, 02:23:30 pm »
Awesome!!!!!!!!  Just absolutely AWESOME!

Mike, add me to the consolidated file list
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 08:33:50 pm by Slivershooter »

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2008, 06:57:15 pm »
I'd like a consolidated version as well. Lot of good detailed information Gordon! I especially enjoyed reading concerning your finishing techniques. Thank you for the effort you put in to post this build along. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline BigWapiti

« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2008, 10:10:31 pm »
Wow, I need to quit making assumptions I guess.  I was thinking that the cleaned up post Justin made was good enough - I loved it - but I guess, it is nice too, to have a single published file.  Ok, I'll try to make some time this weekend to finish it up.   A warning though, its pretty graphic intense, as you know, so the file size is pretty large -- I think the pdf, at this point, is somewhere around 7mb. I'll work to see if I can compress it some more, but not certain.  But with high speed internet, its not bad.

Regardless, I will post it to a personal space on my business website (non-business related) and make it accessible for you folks to download.  Thats better than email, and this gives you the opportunity to download at your leisure.

Is that fair to all?  Primitive Archer?  and Gordon?

Mike
Mike B.
Central Washington State
"Take a kid hunting, it'll make a WORLD of difference" -me