Author Topic: TBB Questions  (Read 881 times)

Offline Marks

TBB Questions
« on: April 12, 2013, 11:26:30 am »
I'm not sure when but I'll probly buy one of the TBBs before too long. How are they written? Do they build upon one another or do they cover different styles? As a beginner should I get Vol. 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 or would I bet better served by getting the one that best applies to my style and needs?

Offline aaron

Re: TBB Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:20:36 pm »
get # 1 first- has all the basics. After  that choose the ones with the chapters you are interested in
Ilwaco, Washington, USA
"Good wood makes great bows, but bad wood makes great bowyers"

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 12:32:07 pm »
Buy all 4 and save $15!!  When I first started reading them I was a bit overwhelmed, but like a bible, I kept going back and rereading and now I've read all 4 several times.  Great bit of reading if you love archery.  Check your local library too, they have the first two in the Bloomington, Indiana public library.  If they don't have them there, you could request them and save yourself a bunch of $$.  I'd go with Horsefeathers though if you decide to buy them.  They are affiliated w/ Primitive Archer Magazine.  Happy reading, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 01:20:54 pm »
Get all four without hesitation. The first one tells you how to build a bow and the fourth one explains tempering it. There isnt any flow from edition to edition. They are all full of useful stuff.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Marks

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 03:44:55 pm »
Thanks