Author Topic: Crepe Myrtle Staves  (Read 2529 times)

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
Crepe Myrtle Staves
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:42:18 pm »
Hey, guys. I plan on coming to the Classic, this year. I would like to get in on some trades. I cut a few crepe myrtle staves in the spring of 2012 that are well seasoned. Do you think it would be worth my time to bring them? Not sure how desirable they are since I don't see many bows being made from them.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Josh B

Re: Crepe Myrtle Staves
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:58:42 pm »
I'd sure be interested in some!  What do you need in trade?  On a side note, I'm looking forward to meeting you there. (And scores of others)  Josh

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:13:01 pm »
Thanks, Josh. I'm looking forward to meeting you and everyone else. As far as trade items go, not sure what I need. I'm sure by the time I leave you guys will have me knapping flint, leather crafting, basket weaving and who knows what all I'll need then! ;) Don't worry. I got one with your name on it.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 10:38:29 pm »
Sounds great Kenny!  As far as getting into stuff at the classic......well it could happen really easy!  Last year was my first time.  I spent most of the weekend awestruck by the skills of all the different folks there.  The knapping pit has a way of sucking folks right in especially.  Josh

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:49:29 am »
Bring me a few sweetys and I will trade some "lively" dry osage Kenny.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:34:56 am »
Will do, Pearl. Can't wait to see you guys. I watched Jimmy Blackmon's video of last years Classic and got to see some of you to put faces with the names. It will be nice to meet yall in person.

blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:13:20 pm »
Dang...looks like I'm too late...always wanted to try some...cus there's none up north here.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 09:50:57 pm »
Who knows, BH, once you try it, you may have to crown it the new king!! ;)

blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 07:49:50 am »
I'll give one a whirl if ya still got one to trade Kenny....but I'd have to make n try several before coming to any conclusions as to its "rank" in the bow wood list ;)

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 09:32:09 am »
I think I have just enough to make sure you get one! ;)

blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 09:37:12 am »
Sweet...I'll let ya rummage thru my assorted pile of staves...n no its not all yeller ;)