Author Topic: I love spring  (Read 2432 times)

Offline crooketarrow

I love spring
« on: April 25, 2013, 08:45:48 am »
   Our gobbler season came in MONDAY. I saw 5 long beards with 8 or 9 hens ,4 jakes all together.
  I called up 7 other jakes , I let them all but one pass. I had 10 ,12 yards shots at 6 of them.
  After hearding 5 go to roost the night before. 3 jakes and 2 long breads. I set up only to have one come to me from the other way. Nice long beard passed me at 25 ,30 yards cut behind me 20 yards. A little far for me and my selfbow. Really did'nt have a shot anyway.
  He gobbles twice behind me at 20. Felt like he was setting on my chest. I you've ever had this happen if you wer'nt a gobbler hunter you are now.
  Unfortently I'm already a lost soul since I was 8 when granddad let me shoot my first gobbler.  I've hunted every spring about everyday since then.
  41 Spring's I say I'M HOOKED FOR LIFE. My granddad hunted 92 springs in a row. I hope I live 92 springs.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

Re: I love spring
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:37:43 am »
Winter is my favorite season for relaxing, hunting and fishing, fall is my favorite season for hunting and harvest, summer is my favorite season for fishing and watching things grow, and spring is my favorite for everything else.

Turkey season here starts this Saturday.  I'm a little behind on sweet talking the landowners and I don't know where I'll be hunting.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline crooketarrow

Re: I love spring
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:00:22 am »
   I love all seasons they all have ther own apeal. And I grown into a routeen over the years.
  SPRING I only gobbler hunt, shroom hunt the afternoons,work on bows alittle in the evening and night. I love to watch the earth come back to life.
  SUMMER I fly fish large,small mouth,carp,camp with my boys glass bucks in the evenings( JULY ,AUG),work on bows at night.
  FALL  OCT. TO JAN I strictly buck hunt perty much every day.
  WINTER Is one of my favoret times. By now I'm burnt I need the rest. This is my down time, I kick back. I buck scout, repair and place new buck hunting sites. CUT SHOOTS AND STAVES. Do a little shed hunting. My most active time building bows and knap heads ,make arrows,trade points I uselly make a knife or 2. Just getting ready for next year.
  ALL AT MY OWN PACE,HECK I DO EVERYTHING AT MY OWN PACE. Learned a long time ago to SLOWWWW DOWNNNNN
   I like to follow turkey flocks GLASSING them thought the fields for hours. Late winter I turkey scout for the spring. I hunt my favor indain camp sites and corn ,plowed fields for arrow heads. Always scout out new ones.  Do a little fly fishing for trout now.
  Along the way I do many other smaller things, to much to list. Along with takeing care of a family.
  MY GRANDDAD LIVE BY THIS SAYING. LONG BEFORE TOM PEDDY MADE A SONG ABOUT IT.
             NEVER SLOW DOWN YOU NEVER GROW OLD
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING