Author Topic: A bow for Linda.  (Read 5752 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
A bow for Linda.
« on: November 12, 2007, 04:25:10 pm »
Hey guys. It has been a little bit since I have been on here. But I have been busy. Here is my latest attempt. A friend of mine wanted a bow as a present for his mother. She used to be into archery ,and has gotten the itch to sling an arrow again . She was about to spend a load on a glass bow but he persuaded her to hold off. In the mean time I have made this one for her. It is 45# @ 28"  and 60" nock to nock. A fine piece of Osage was used. I love this bow It shoots nice . If it wasnt already promised to someone I would be shooting this one . Minus the pink leather handle.
  Glad to be back on this site and hope to be more involved in all the topics. Hope you all had a good season.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: A bow for Linda.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 04:28:37 pm »
Great looking bow, but the pink handle don't match your shoes  ;D >:D ;D Good job, and good to hear from you again.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline nugget

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:52:36 pm »
Thanks man. The pink was a request. If I was gonna keep it that would be the first thing to go.It dont match the shoes but it matches my under britches. I left a red sock in with the white clothes and now my wife wont let me near the washing machine.It turned all the whites a nice shade of pink.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:21:44 pm »
 ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 07:00:25 pm »
Good to see you back Ron. You nailed it on this bow, the tiller looks real nice.
Very well done and a nice gesture to boot.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline nugget

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 08:40:18 pm »
No not Ron. I am not he that you speak of. I am nugget ( aka T.J. ). But thank you for the complement. Not everybody can be as handsome as me. 8)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 11:18:51 pm »
Good lookin bow - looks like you nailed the tiller, she aughta love it.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 11:37:28 pm »
You nailed the tiller on Linda's bow, Nugget. Got you bookmarked for Nov Self Bow of the Month, too.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 12:17:54 am »
Cool bow, TJ. 8) If she don't like it I'll take it. ;)  You're getting to be a regular ole bowyer, aren't ya?
  Nice work,     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 05:37:40 am »
Nice job,the tiller looks great.good job and glad to have you back. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 07:18:33 am »
Sorry TJ sometimes I get confused :o yup really I do  ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline nugget

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 07:58:19 am »
Thanks guys. . Pat did you want the pink handle. Hillbilly seemed to like it.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 10:06:48 am »
My manhood can take it.  ;)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 10:38:46 am »
Pink or not this bow is a sweet shooter.I am gonna try and make a twin to it. I would keep it if it wasn't already promised.I have to finish a kids bow for a friends son and then I will start on another Linda bow.( for me) ;D ;D ;D

Offline nugget

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 11:30:57 am »
Here are a few more pics. My camera sucks . sorry. The upper limb has a knot about 4 inches down from the nock. Gives it nice character.The limb snake a little opposite of each other. I drew Ivy vines and leaves up and down the whole lenght of the bow. The shelf is a piece of cedar . I did a little burning on the tips and the name. Enjoy