Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 391494 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2008, 09:54:22 pm »
I KNOW the answer!  :-X   ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2008, 10:02:17 pm »
Which one? European or African? :o
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #317 on: February 15, 2008, 02:18:39 am »
It's done! I now have a plane ticket flying into Nashville on Sunday April 27th at 8:45 AM and leaving Monday morning May 4th at 9:30 am.  Is that pickup at the airport still open Pappy? Sorry about the early morning stuff but it was the best available of all of them.  At least maybe I can get a little shut eye on the flight and be awake when I get there in the morning. Possabilities of that, I know are very minimal! Once I get the tent up you may not see me for a few hours as I crash in the tent.  :)

Really looking forward to this! First time I've had away from work in a long time.

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #318 on: February 15, 2008, 06:33:30 am »
You guys are to funny ;D ;D ;D Marie don't tell anyone. ;) Tiller we will get you picked up,Maybe Knothead,he lives in Nashville ,we will figure something out.As far as getting you back we will see.
I usually spend the day Monday cleaning up,hauling garbage and making sure all the Yankee's get out of the holler but we will get you back so don't worry about that. :) Worst case I have a mule. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

CastIron

« Reply #319 on: February 15, 2008, 10:26:46 am »
Pappy,
 I should be able to at least get David back to the airport and pick him up also if necessary as I am free both days I think.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2008, 11:10:17 am »
Still don't know if I'm going to make it or not, sure hope so, might have to sell something
for gas money or maybe I could just siphon gas like when I was a youngin >:D I figure I
can raid picnic baskets for food and drink once I'm down there ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #321 on: February 15, 2008, 12:57:30 pm »
Dans ,sure hope you can.You will have enough gas after all the eating down here
you cold make it back to England. ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #322 on: February 15, 2008, 05:36:42 pm »
Picnic basket raiding? Is this a kinda training for the comming hunting season. If you escape with a beer and a sandwich with skin still intact your ready for fall hunting season?  ;D

Thanks guys! Apreciate the help in getting to the Classic. Cant wait to meet ya'all! Hmmm! I think I'm get'en the lingo down pat. Did I mention I'm a southerner by birth?  ;) Fort Rucker, Alabama! Yep! I's an army brat!!!  ;D

Still mulling over the design of the bow to build.  Is anyone bringing a copy of the new bowyers bibble to the Classic? Might be some cool new/old designs in there.  Steve Allelie should have a great chapter on NW Native bows in there. Met the guy at the Glass Buttes Knapp Inn last year and saw his work first hand. Very nice stuff!

David T

Offline DanaM

« Reply #323 on: February 15, 2008, 09:47:44 pm »
Its looking better for me, contacted WIbowyer and looks like he can make it,
lets see that would be a Yooper and a Cheesehead ;D Picnic baskets won't be safe >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #324 on: February 15, 2008, 11:45:47 pm »
Dana, you won't have to do any basket raiding. Best I can remember, there was plenty to go around for everyone... Even after Greg went through the line ;D
  Pappy, you reckon that guy will be selling them big foam targets this year? If he is, i'm bringing a trailer. My truck beds too small for three of 'em.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2008, 02:55:01 am »
Shannon, Those are the best targets out there. I have shot through 2 of them in the last 5 or 6 years. They are great for stone heads and trade points. I got my first one from them in a trade for a few osage seedlings at the Hickory shoot years ago.
...a yooper and a cheesehead...below the Mason/Dixon? :o I'll have to quote my by line here...make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes.  ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2008, 03:08:28 am »
Alright whats a Yooper and what's a Cheesehead? Never heard of em!  ???

Offline DanaM

« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2008, 08:22:07 am »
Wait until the Classic David ya cant miss we will be the ones talkin funny  ;D

Yooper = native of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Cheesehead = Native of Wisconsin and/or a Packers fan

Could be an interesting drive Jesse I'm a Lions fan :'(

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #328 on: February 17, 2008, 03:26:28 am »
Got it!  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #329 on: February 18, 2008, 07:49:40 am »
Shannon I haven't heard from him so I ant sure if he is coming or not,If I hear I will let you know.By the way are you planing on bringing some of you stuff to sell.Do you want a place to set up,if so let me know and I will get you a spot ready around the bow shed.I plan
on having a place for PA. and some of Greg and my stuff so we will make room if you want.
While we are on this subject and of the rest that have some wares to sell you are more than welcome to set up a spot also.I plan on having a big GP 3 tent behind the bow shop
for the demos and there should be plenty of room for some set ups if you want.Love to
have it there. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good