Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 392273 times)

Dingleberry

Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2008, 04:58:27 pm »
Well, as long as he's not doin em at the same time. ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2008, 05:01:18 pm »
  Hillbilly, don't forget every youngun' need's to learn arrow catching. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Dingleberry

« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2008, 05:11:55 pm »
Sounds safe. ;D  Will you be teachin?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2008, 07:40:09 pm »
Congrats on the boy,nothing like a kid ,ya they will learn about the real world down there.Got to learn sooner or later just well
do it early and get it over with.I guarantee all the women down there will spoil him right off the bat. ;) :) He is to cute, to
bad they have to grow up. ;D ;D Be sure and tell mom she done good. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2008, 06:35:59 am »
Now we have Ryan and Dingleberry with new babies,might get lucky and get to meet them
both in person in May. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Dingleberry

« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2008, 09:59:12 am »
I hope so!  Pappy, do you sell tshirts in munchkin sizes? ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2008, 11:12:13 am »
I'll make sure we have a few on hand. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2008, 06:43:05 am »
We are starting making plans this weekend at the first meeting of the year.We have a 2 day shoot
in March witch is a warm up for the Classic,there are wheels there but it is still fun and a lot of
Trad/primitive folks there also.If yall got ant ideas on things you would like to see at the Classic this year please feel free to pass it on to me and I will see what I can do,We aim to please.
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2008, 08:21:22 am »
We aim to please.

Yeah, what Pappy said...yall know we got that "Southern Hospitality" thing goin' on! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2008, 08:14:33 am »
Made a few plans this weekend and are still thinking on what to do about the selfbow challenge,
We ran very shot of help in the shop last year and about worked GreB to death,I am always pulled in different directions so my time is limited.Any of you that come and want to help some of the beginners it is welcome.We are also thinking about have a few seminars set up dunning the day in another tent so if anyone have anything they would like to demonstrate some skill or technic  let me know and I will set it up. :)We were thinking maybe string making,bow straighting,fire starting,tillering,
chasing a growth ring ,laying out a bow,cutting in nocks, making primitive arrows and straighting them,things like .Maybe and hour or so and just set up a time and place for the folks that are interested in what ever is going on at the time.That way a lot of people could see it at one time with no distractions.What do yall think. ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

CastIron

« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2008, 11:33:02 am »
We are also thinking about have a few seminars set up dunning the day in another tent so if anyone have anything they would like to demonstrate some skill or technic  let me know and I will set it up. :)We were thinking maybe string making,bow straighting,fire starting,tillering,
chasing a growth ring ,laying out a bow,cutting in nocks, making primitive arrows and straighting them,things like .Maybe and hour or so and just set up a time and place for the folks that are interested in what ever is going on at the time.That way a lot of people could see it at one time with no distractions.What do yall think. ???
   Pappy

Pappy,  I thought you wanted to do the fire starting demo with that 5 gallon can of liquid Boy Scout you keep by the fire pit ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2008, 11:47:29 am »
Ya but I thought someone else might want to show another way,not any easier way just another way. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Minuteman

« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2008, 12:35:06 pm »
I can do a fire starting thing if Hillbilly or someone will do the hand drill part . I haven't gotten around to doing one of those yet. I can spin one up with a bow and drill. Flint, steel and char is another way.
 Oh man, I just remembered how much it rained last year and here I am volunteering to demonstrate firemakin'! I think I'll bring all my stuff in a primitive ziplock!
 Chris

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2008, 12:51:04 pm »
Ha  ;D ;D ;D   OK I'll remember that as I set things up,maybe mid day Sat.I plan on making a schedule once I figure out what all we have to offer and make a big board to tell people where and when to see it.Maybe 1 Friday and 1 Sat.Maybe Pat will come on in on Primitive arrows. ???
I figure I can get Gary Davis to demo stave straightening and I may lay out and rough out a bow.
Need  a string maker also.We figure if we do this it will save us some time by showing a lot
of folks at one time and not so much 1 on 1.A lot of people that aren't even building a bow at the shoot would like to see some of this stuff also. :) I love it when a plan starts to come togeather. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

tradrick

« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2008, 06:17:07 pm »
That all sounds great to me Pappy.To see all those different skills and tricks of the trade could shorten the learning curve for a bunch of rookies like myself.There so much I would like to see and learn that if its organized and schduled it insures I won't miss nothing.That's why ''YOU THE MAN'',Pappy.tradrick