Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 392267 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2008, 06:39:21 pm »
I hope someone decides to demonstrate how to straighten and make cane arrows.  I have a bunch of cane drying and would gladly share with someone if they would show me the ropes. Ridgerunner wants me to show how I make a knife, what would be the latest you would need to know if I can or not?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 09:17:39 pm by Saw Filer »
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2008, 02:57:07 am »
Shannon, I did a little hardwood shoot straightening demo last year. I'd bet we could get a cane straightening thing going this year. ;) 8) 8)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2008, 04:02:17 am »
I'll be down Sat morning with more cane than you can shake a bow at!
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2008, 06:44:32 am »
Just let me know and I will work it in,just need to know how long it will take.Pat did
some last year but only a few got to see so I figured if it was in a set place and a set time we could all get more out of it,if you try and show somebody under the bow building shed at night with everyone coming and going it is harder to follow.I knew Pat would come through
and I am sure there will be more. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2008, 09:41:28 am »
Shannon, bring some of that cane and we'll have a straightening party. Pappy, I'll try showing the hand drill fire thing if it's not downpouring and 200 percent humidity again  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2008, 10:41:04 am »
Cool,I will start putting this together when it gets closer. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2008, 11:40:38 am »
Pappy:
I would be willing to put on a chasing an Osage ring class.
Should take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2008, 11:58:06 am »
Cool I will put you down.I have started a list so don't forget you volunteered.I will get back with everyone when it gets close and see what time you need and if you want to do it Friday or Sat. or be willing to do it twice Friday and Sat.I figure we could put it together to run from about 10 till 3
Friday and Sat. with just one after the other with a little break in between for anyone that wants a break and go spend some money at the consession stand or novelties. ;D If it goes much later than
that I am about ready to play by then. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2008, 12:05:35 pm »
Pappy I won't to commit to anything as I won't even be sure if I'm coming until at least april,
but I will lend a hand wherever ya need me. Of course I could demonstrate harassing Marie >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2008, 12:29:55 pm »
That would take up the whole day. ;D ;D I will keep that in mind,if you make I just want you to have fun. :)We won't put you to work till the 2nd. year. ;D You might help the girls out in the PA. tent.I will have them a special place set up close to all the happenings for there stuff.Maybe a little better than I had for them last year and a little more room. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2008, 03:15:05 pm »
We won't put you to work till the 2nd. year. ;D    Pappy
Dang, If second year you have to work and first year you don't, I'm staying home. ;D Greg wouldn't even let me shoot a single arrow last year.  Of coarse Greg wont need so much help this year if he don't have to babysit me.  ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2008, 03:18:29 pm »
Of course I could demonstrate harassing Marie
If we have rain again like last year, maybe Marie and Sarah could demonstrate a reverse rain dance...whatever dance you'd do to get rain, you do in reverse to get rid of it. ;D

If RidgeRunner demonstrates chasing an osage grain, maybe someone could then demostrate laying out a bow on that stave. Someone else could demostrate cutting that out on a bandsaw (Gary Davis perhaps). ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

CastIron

« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2008, 04:36:28 pm »
Dana,
I was thinking about a dutchoven demo so you could do a tasting demo about 1/2 hour later.......... I asked Greg 1st since he has a great reputation and so much experience but he turned me down due to his commitment to his diet  ;D ;D   you just have to respect a man with commitment >:D   

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2008, 04:45:59 pm »
Dana,
I was thinking about a dutchoven demo so you could do a tasting demo about 1/2 hour later.......... I asked Greg 1st since he has a great reputation and so much experience but he turned me down due to his commitment to his diet  ;D ;D   you just have to respect a man with commitment >:D   
I don't think Greg takes time to taste, I think it just goes in.   ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2008, 04:46:51 pm »
Sounds like something I would be good at CastIron, I'm on a reverse diet been trying to gain weight ;D

Maybe if Greg loses some I can find it ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI