Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 391328 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #570 on: March 20, 2008, 05:39:10 pm »
Bishop,
Your openess in regards to your feelings for your wife is refreshing. More people I think should express their love for their spouses without embarassment. Not a sign of weakness in my book, but character. Continue to not take her for granted and I'm sure you'll have a great life together.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #571 on: March 20, 2008, 09:05:16 pm »
Bishop I know for a fact that your wife is good woman, when you were in the hospital with that bout of pnemonia
I talked with her via e-mail about the x-mas trade and all. Her worry for you and the fact that she was trying her best
to finish up the present you had started said it all. Looking forward to meeting both of you at Pappy's, I also believes
she said something about smothering me in hugs :) Happy Anniversery to both or you, perhaps you can take a day trip somewhere nice
and make it all about her, and don't forget the ROSES ;) And no you better not make arrows from em ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #572 on: March 21, 2008, 06:43:22 am »
Bishop do what you need to do,family comes first.We would sure love to have you,
but I understand,I have a wife the same way,she don't ask for much so even
tho I am gone a lot I try and give her quality time while I am around.I am sure she
would have a good time but it ant the same as time with just the 2 of you.What
ever you decide we are with you. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Bishop

« Reply #573 on: March 21, 2008, 07:31:16 am »
Thanks for the kind words guys...... Pappy, she loves country music and has never been down south so i think a trip to the "holy land", Nashville, is in order. she will love it.  I pointed out the article about the classic in the current issue of PA and after she read it she said she wouldnt miss it for the world. i think she is looking forward to scrapping out a bow of her own.
Bishop

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #574 on: March 21, 2008, 08:21:01 am »
Very cool,we will try and behave and show her a good time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #575 on: March 21, 2008, 02:35:33 pm »
I wish my wife was coming to the Classic for several reasons.
First, I like her company.
Second, she is a good ambassador and great social mixer.
Third, she is from near the Alabama/Florida state line and speaks great Southern.  She could translate for me.

But, she has a daughter in Denver so that will be her priority this May.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #576 on: March 21, 2008, 08:06:54 pm »
Pappy, It just keeps getting better, here I am counting the days to the Classic, and BAM, I get my new PA. BAM bow of the year, BAM Maris great article. now I know what Hillbilly,Pat B. OldBow  look like. It don't get any better. WOW !!!!
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #577 on: March 22, 2008, 11:37:51 am »
You might have been better off not knowing what me and Pat look like. I'm glad Pat's around-if anything ever happens to him I'll be the ugliest man in the world.  ;D ;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #578 on: March 22, 2008, 12:17:31 pm »
Everyone knew who I was as soon as they saw me. I remember when Justin, Koan and Augie drove up. Dick and I were putting up Dicks pop-up(well, Dick did most of the work ;D) and they drove up and yelled "hey Pat". I didn't know them from Adam. They must be psychics! ???     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #579 on: March 22, 2008, 02:00:43 pm »
Everyone knew who I was as soon as they saw me.   They must be psychics! ???     Pat
  They're not psychics, your just famous!!! ;D  I'd recognise that beard anywhere. 
 Unlike some of the other forums. Once you hang around on PA for a while, you start feeling as though you really know the people on here.  When you do finally meet them in person, it's not like they're strangers. (Some might look strange) but they're not really strangers.
  A fella at work the other day ask when the Classic was. When I told him, he said, "Turkey season will still be in, what if you still have a tag to fill?". Well, I LOVE TURKEY HUNTING!, but if I can't fill my tags by then, then I guess they just won't be filled!
  I look so forward to seeing some of ya'll again and meeting the rest.   Saw Filer   
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #580 on: March 22, 2008, 10:11:06 pm »
Glad I blend in no one will recogonize me :) Shannon I'm bringing ya a little gift ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #581 on: March 23, 2008, 02:24:25 am »
  Don, Sorry to hear your wife's not coming. Epescially since she thought we went to school together. I was looking forward to meeting another Cracker from Pensacola. Tell Ciel  "Hi"'  and wish she was coming.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Little John

« Reply #582 on: March 23, 2008, 01:03:01 pm »
I think I read some where that Gary Davis will have staves for sale. Hope to be able pick up something seasoned and turn out a bow while there. That will be something new for me, a  bow that dosent take weeks or years to finish.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #583 on: March 23, 2008, 02:00:38 pm »
Kenneth, he had some really nice spliced and roughed-out osage blanks last year.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Little John

« Reply #584 on: March 23, 2008, 02:40:31 pm »
Ok thanks Hillbilly, see ya there, looking forward to meeting you.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell