Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 392347 times)

CastIron

Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #720 on: April 11, 2008, 11:11:09 am »
Greg,
Don't you worry I will help Dana find just the  right spot to keep that Pasty safe  >:D  >:D

Maybe beside the pork chops we will have Monday night ....... See ya on Wendsday  ;D ;D ;D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #721 on: April 11, 2008, 11:59:33 am »
Greg,
Don't you worry I will help Dana find just the  right spot to keep that Pasty safe   

Maybe beside the pork chops we will have Monday night ....... See ya on Wendsday   

That's to cruel even to put into words! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #722 on: April 11, 2008, 12:26:46 pm »
Pork Chops mmmm one of my favorites, I will have to see if I can get a jar of my buddies homemade applesauce to go with em
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #723 on: April 13, 2008, 02:12:41 pm »
Pappy all the instruction will be a blast, I really need the help with the knapping and string making. I was going to ask if there will be broadhead targets and or stone point targets? No big deal but no need to pack them if there is no suitable targets for them, am making up a set of target arrows for the 3D course, at home i shoot hay bales so shoot mostly broadheads  for everything.      Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #724 on: April 14, 2008, 09:20:12 am »
Kenneth, we haven't had broadhead targets during the past shoots. Unless Pappy jumps in and says otherwise, I doubt there will be any. :)
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #725 on: April 14, 2008, 10:25:45 am »
Ya I think the demo's will be great,we all can learn something,Maybe I can learn to build a fire without diesel fuel and leaf blower.We don't usuall have broadhead targets,but if you just want
to shoot stone into something we will come up with something. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #726 on: April 14, 2008, 12:23:13 pm »
If the guys with the big foam targets are there, their targets work well for broadheads; steel or stone. I've used them for quite a few years now.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #727 on: April 14, 2008, 12:59:09 pm »
Just set up 2 new ones Sat. out by the bow shed.  ;)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #728 on: April 14, 2008, 11:42:54 pm »
Ya I think the demo's will be great,we all can learn something,Maybe I can learn to build a fire without diesel fuel and leaf blower.We don't usuall have broadhead targets,but if you just want
to shoot stone into something we will come up with something. :)
   Pappy
Pappy- I'll bring you a guaranteed to make fire hand drill set.     
Traverse City, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #729 on: April 15, 2008, 12:50:57 am »
Pappy, I don't know how your club deal works, Do they just bring the club targets to your place for this event or are they there for the season as a club range?  Any way crappy hay bales make good poor boy three d targets, they all look like deer, elk and bear bodys with a bit of imagination, you can get them for free or cheap compared to the regular three d targets and you don't worry about the broadhead damage, I have some loose old bales that I shoot stone arrows at, the arrows mostly go thru but are slowed down so they dont go far. One of my favorite target ranges is a freshly baled hay field with hundreds of targets at all ranges and angles. Even premium horse hay goes for about six dollars here so still cheap as targets go. I could even sponsor a few to your place and you could keep them out year round. Just to  pay some dues to this get together, small prict copmpared to all you and Greg have done.  Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #730 on: April 15, 2008, 07:02:14 am »
We keep the 3 D practice range set most of the year but we have practice bales set
out by the shop that you can shoot anything into,no problem.I use to use straw,I have also shot in the fields where they were cutting.They do a lot of rolls here.I quit shooting them when I had an arrow disappear in the middle of a roll.Man I feel for the cow that found it. ;) ;D See yall soon. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Little John

« Reply #731 on: April 15, 2008, 09:42:38 am »
Oh she probably spit it out, but yes you are right it would be worst to lose just the broadhead into a bale that was going to be fed.    Kenneth

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #732 on: April 15, 2008, 09:45:35 am »
Kenneth, everything involved with the archery club is kept on Pappy's farm year round. We have a 3D practice course set up in the woods along a circular pathway that is kept out all year except during the winter. There is also a practice course with nice large foam targets that are kept out year round. This practice course is like field archery with a line to shoot from and the targets from 10 to 50 yards. There is a storage shed to house targets not being used. We have a large concessions building with attached pavillion and walk-in cooler. Also have an archery shop with surrounding area attached outside but under-roof where we work on bows. Pappy also has a cabin where he pretty much spends every weekend down on the farm.

Pappy is the backbone of the club and he and Knothead have their hands full keeping the rest of us yahoo's walking the straight and narrow. ;D
Greg

Offline Little John

« Reply #733 on: April 15, 2008, 11:16:24 pm »
Sounds like an awsome club, The field archery range reminds me of the one our club had when I was a kid. I take it there are a lot of traditional archers as well as some primitive ones. How many archers do you expect?  And I wonder how many P.A. guys? At least it is one day closer now. Too windy to go out and shoot so might as well work on my Tenn. Classic arrow set.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #734 on: April 16, 2008, 07:04:01 am »
Dana we have 4 box freezers and 5 refrigerator's so we got room to store any
of that yooper food you want to bring.  ;) ;D ;D Kenneth we had 385 shooters
last year and if gas don't keep going up it looks like it will be bigger this year.
Last count there should be at least 20 to 25 from PA,at least the ones that post
maybe more.Marie has a big PA banner made up so we will all try and get in one
big bunch Friday evening.I think CastIron has something special planed for Friday
evening,at least he is working on something.Greg gives me way to much credit.
We have several great members that keep this thing going,him being one of them.
Getting close,I only got one more week at work after this one and I will be there
till the 5th. Can't wait. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good