Author Topic: trade bow tiller check  (Read 1363 times)

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
trade bow tiller check
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:29:58 pm »
I am having fits with this one. I have made several hbi bows, but this is the first one where I flipped the tips a little. Also it is the first one where I made the lower limb a tad shorter. I am having a hard time with this one and need some fresh eyes. Here is a braced pic followed by a pic at 23 in. It looks pretty good to me except maybe one thing which I will wait to see if any of you confirm. The dotted lines show the vertical alignment and the horizontal alignment to look OK. I also did an overlay with one limb flipped to the other side, but the extra inch or so is throwing that off, I think. I have shot the bow a couple hundred times and she shoots really well just like this. What do you think?

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Josh B

Re: trade bow tiller check
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:42:46 pm »
She looks pretty good really.  If I was to get really nit picky, I would say that the right limb is a little flat from about four inches out of the fade to about midlimb.  But in all honesty, my tiller eye has been giving me fits for some reason.  You might want to wait for some other responses before you go to scraping.  It looks real nice!  Someone is gonna be tickled with that!  Josh

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 12:51:48 pm »
I was going to say that it looks like it's bending a bit much right at the upper fade, but that might be because of that stiffer spot that Gun Doc mentioned.  If it's shooting nicely it's probably ok, but softening up that spot that he mentioned just a bit might extend the bow's life.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 01:01:03 pm »
You guys are good. That's exactly what I saw, but when I flipped the overlay it didn't really show up as much. I think the right (top) limb being a tad longer made it look the same once I got it lined up. A few more scrapes it is. I sure would like to finish her up this weekend. Thanks for the help. Anyone else that has an opinion, I would still love to hear it.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 01:05:02 pm »
+1 Gun Doc.  Looks really pretty close.  If it shoots well and balances well in the hand, I wouldn't do much to it.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.