Author Topic: my first cordage  (Read 4142 times)

Offline david w.

my first cordage
« on: November 18, 2007, 09:59:15 pm »
i made some sinew cordage from my dads doe he shot.  The hunting for me was bad. i was disappointed because we were hunting our friends farm on one of the prime west-central counties in Illinois you should see the size of the deer they have killed.  Our friends say it has to be 4 1/2 years old and have a 150" rack
well back to cordage i took the sinew and broke it into threads then it dried and i soaked it until it got soft which only took about a minute then i cordaded it. I didnt really know what i was doing but i got a good strong cord. Sinew is amaizing stuff if i get a deer i will save it all. know that i know how to cord i really want to make a bow string.

i cant take pictures because my computers down and im on my sisters laptop and it  doesnt have the right software
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

shootinbud

Re: my first cordage
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 10:41:51 pm »
last week i was able to harvest a doe and from her i took some back strap sinew along with the meat etc. Now that i have dried it out i am kinda lost with what to do with it,  if any one reads this and knows how to cord a bow string give me a holler or point me in a good direction.