Author Topic: any ruger lcp 380 owners out there?  (Read 3843 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: any ruger lcp 380 owners out there?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 05:13:04 am »
     There is a slew of styles out there.  Just be careful of the Kydex styles, as they can be ripped open, by grabbing the gun and quickly pulling down.  I know also from my Girlfriends experience with the Fobus paddle holster, it is easily damaged.  She has replaced three of them, due to the little rivets that holds the paddle to the holster being pulled through.  If they would put a washer behind the little rivet it would hold better.  She had them pull through during training, and qualifying.  I told a dealer that they should put a washer on them, and that they were weak in that spot.  He got all hot about it, and said that there was no way, it could pull through.  I told him I had one in my truck if he wanted to see it.  I told him my Girlfriend had three replaced, by the dealer she bought them from.  he didn't want to hear it.  Oh well, it is what it is.   There is a pocket holster that is specifically made for the LCP,  and is like a wallet.  Can't remember the brand.  Eddie, I gave you a holster? :o  How many beers did you give me? ??? :P  I can't think of the holster brand, but there are multiple copies of it.  Basically it is two pieces of leather, with a clip, and a belt loop, that you can either use with a belt, or use the clip, on the outside, or inside of the pants.  It is open in the middle with ends sewed, and the gun sticks through. It comes in two sizes, the larger one will hold a desert eagle.  The smaller one will hold smaller autos, to a 1911.  As for cocked and locked on the 1911, I never found it necessary, as when I pull it out of the holster, I am pulling the hammer back without my finger in the trigger guard.  I can do this in one smooth motion.  I also have a S&W 1911 which is double action.  I don't have a holster for my LCP, I just stick in my back pocket, and a small credit card wallet between it and back of my pocket, so there is no imprint, and it is easily removed.  The LCP's double action trigger pull is long, so there is little problem with ..... Premature shell ejection..... ::) :P >:D.    Regardless of the holster you choose, practicing with drawing the gun from  it.  Unloaded of course.  ;) The one that is specifically made for the LCP, you withdraw holster and all.  It has a trigger cut out, and the top of the holster, is open for the slide to function.

Wayne

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:59:19 pm by stickbender »

Offline seabass

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 07:14:38 am »
thanks for the info Wayne.the wallet holster is the one i am looking for.i just don't know who makes it.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 06:16:28 pm »
i think Ruger does sell a clip Scott.thanks for the pics.how do you like the Kel-tec?i have allways wondered about those.i have heard guys at work say that they like them.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 04:16:20 am »

Seabass, the pocket holster for the LCP is made by Guide Gear.  Just google them, and it will pop up.  Or just google concealed holsters for the LCP. ;)  There are a bunch more styles there also.

Wayne.