Author Topic: Ulna Bone Aging  (Read 1926 times)

Offline iowabow

Ulna Bone Aging
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:02:26 pm »
This video is about how to age the ulna bone and the effects of bone treated differently. The tapping of the bones really is a good way to tell what you got! I know it sounds weird but ......it works. Never thought I would ever make a video about the sound and hardness of bones. Welllll enjoy?

http://youtu.be/vRXIdv024qM
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:31:03 pm by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline David_Daugherty

Re: Ulna Bone Aging
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:09 am »
Never thought I would watch one either lol.  Good video though.  What did you put the bones in for the microbes to clean it up?  Are those bones used as percussion or pressure tools?
"You can't put a price on being inspired"-Zooey Deschanel

Offline iowabow

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 04:27:00 pm »
Good question..I just started three days ago hitting some platforms with the thick large side.  Forr the most part I only use it for pressure.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:05:21 pm »
Quote from: David_Daugherty link=topic=40907.msg546620#msg546620 date=137337 8097
Never thought I would watch one either lol.  Good video though.  What did you put the bones in for the microbes to clean it up?  Are those bones used as percussion or pressure tools?
I placed it under a rock so mice would not drag it off and left it for a 4 weeks in the late spring.

Offline David_Daugherty

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 09:04:43 pm »
I'm curious as to how the bone does as a percussuion tool.  It seems it would lack the weight to use as an effective "bopper".  Maybe a larger bone would be better suited for that.  Idk but it will be interesting to see your results and what you learn from your experiment.
"You can't put a price on being inspired"-Zooey Deschanel

Offline iowabow

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 09:32:57 pm »
I'm curious as to how the bone does as a percussuion tool.  It seems it would lack the weight to use as an effective "bopper".  Maybe a larger bone would be better suited for that.  Idk but it will be interesting to see your results and what you learn from your experiment.
I just used it for very light duty flaking. It is a very limited kinda thing. I will knock a flake or two off with it in one of the videos.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 09:14:00 pm »
 8) Pretty good ULNA vid. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)