Author Topic: Noodling time  (Read 2535 times)

Stringman

Noodling time
« on: July 12, 2013, 02:42:51 pm »
Took my brother out for his first attempt at hand fishing. I took him to a log that has held 30 pounders in the past and sure enough it had a nice flathead under it. We had to work for about 45 minutes but finally he was able to pin it against the log while I ran a stringer threw it. He was happy, happy, happy when he saw how big that thing was!! Good times! And fish fry to come!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Noodling time
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 02:51:56 pm »
I knew something wasn't just right about you Scott!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 02:55:55 pm »
Haha!  so cool!  I always wanted to go noodling. lol
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Poggins

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 04:18:11 pm »
Been a weird season around here , they usually hole up in the rivers first then the lakes not this year , they've been pulling them from the lakes for almost four weeks now and we found our first ones holed up in the river last weekend . My friend pulled two twenties out and I got a thirty pounder , we have to block the holes tight or they'll make a run for it.
We had a big fish kill down river from where we noodle but it didn't effect our holes yet .

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:58 pm »
Cool pics!
The last one makes me hungry for a fish fry with onion rings and hush puppies!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 11:07:42 pm »
Nice fish, Scott. If your Brother wants some exciting noodling come on down here. You guys will probably be a first. I have never met anyone my whole life that has ever reached back into a hole under water to feel around down here. 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Stringman

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 11:58:16 pm »
Ha! Took me a minute, but I hear ya. Actually I'm heading ur way. Hope to be near dunnellon around Tues. visiting my bro-in-law.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 12:12:18 am »
I shoulda figured you for a noodler!   :D  We have had so much rain the rivers are too high to think about it.  I think that flatheads in the twenty to thirty pound range taste better than any other kind of fish.  Don't let their looks fool you - they fry up just right. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 02:58:47 pm »
Ha! Took me a minute, but I hear ya. Actually I'm heading ur way. Hope to be near dunnellon around Tues. visiting my bro-in-law.

Cool, come on over and give me some knapping lessons. :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?