Author Topic: Tillering tree instructions ?  (Read 1897 times)

Offline wahcheechoo

Tillering tree instructions ?
« on: August 20, 2013, 07:08:49 pm »
Who has the best design to copy for my own shop?
Too many darn pigs !

Offline Joec123able

Re: Tillering tree instructions ?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:51:51 pm »
Most guys use a pulley system which is the best mine is just a 2 by 4 with notches cut down it and a little slot on the end of the board to put the bow on Mine is the easiest way but I only use it for early tillering up till I get to half drawn and then I quit using the tree because I don't like letting a bow just sit drawn
I like osage

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 12:53:43 am »
Joec, you are referring to a tillering stick.  Much different than a tillering tree.

A tiller tree doesn't need any plans.  It can be a simple as a small piece of 2x4 mounted on the wall at eye level to set your bow on, with a rope and pulley mounted directly below, a few inches off the floor.  Most people use a ruler of some sort for measuring the draw length, and an in-line scale to see the weight you are drawing.

It's easy, no plans necessary.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 02:45:02 am »
Joec, you are referring to a tillering stick.  Much different than a tillering tree.

A tiller tree doesn't need any plans.  It can be a simple as a small piece of 2x4 mounted on the wall at eye level to set your bow on, with a rope and pulley mounted directly below, a few inches off the floor.  Most people use a ruler of some sort for measuring the draw length, and an in-line scale to see the weight you are drawing.

It's easy, no plans necessary.

Same thing if you ask me The stick I made didn't take any plans at all Either
I like osage

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 02:50:23 am »
Same thing if you ask me The stick I made didn't take any plans at all Either

Well, one is static, and the other is dynamic. I guess that's pretty much the same... ::)