Author Topic: NAP's Quikfletch twister vines review  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Barefoot_Jake

• "I don't regard nature as a spectator sport."
NAP's Quikfletch twister vines review
« on: August 22, 2013, 03:54:34 am »
Well I was in the process of making arrows and I had some one give me these Quikfletchs to try out so I thought why not contribute to the forum and post a review on them! So they were bought from walmart for like 7 bucks and some change. When I saw these I thought they would be great for a bug out bag or if someone didnt have the time or wanted to put fletchings on their arrows. But on further inspection the directions say to not keep in hot heat, im guessing so they dont shrink up on you.

Here is this packaging

The directions say to put them into boiling water for ten seconds then let them dry. taking into consideration that its say to keep them out of hot heat, I would say that you could probably attach them with using a heatgun or heat from a fire since it seems to be some sort of heat shrink they are using. The packaging is was good and it was clear with directions on how to use the quikfletches.

I made some oak 5/16 dowel rod arrows to try the quikfletches out on.

before dunking them in, you can see they are loose on the shafts but snug at the same time I try fitting one on a bamboo shaft that was bigger than 5/16 and it got stuck further down on the shaft so you have to take your shaft thickness into thought. Also make sure you have a tall enough pot to fully submerge the shaft area with the quikfletch!

After, you can see that they shrinked up and fit tight. I cannot move the fletches up or down but there was a little excess of material where it over lapped at the bottom that cutting off with a knife it also might do good to sandpaper to make the transition smoother but I didnt because it was not that big of a difference.

The material looking after had a few weird bubbles in the material they looked kinda like air bubbles but they were rock hard we will see if they effect the flght; only two of the three had the bubbles.

the completed arrows when its light out tomorrow I will test them out and post results!
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 1 John 3:11 KJV

Need any help with anything? I will gladly try to help you

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: NAP's Quikfletch twister vines review
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:23:33 am »
The down side is Vanes don't fly worth a hoot out of traditional/ primitive bows.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Barefoot_Jake

• "I don't regard nature as a spectator sport."
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:24:22 am »
The down side is Vanes don't fly worth a hoot out of traditional/ primitive bows.
Thats what I was thinking, at the end of it, it seems to be just some quick fix fletching for some modern carbon fiber whatever arrows.
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 1 John 3:11 KJV

Need any help with anything? I will gladly try to help you

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 10:24:44 am »
Exactly.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 08:53:29 pm »

Why is that?  I always thought. if the arrow was spinned correctly the fletching doesn't touch the bow.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 08:57:18 pm »
Vanes are stiff. When they pass over a flat rest, your hand or the side of the bow they don't lay down like feathers. It causes the arrow to jump up or to the side when it touches the bow side, rest or your hand.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 09:02:43 pm »
Makes since.........I guess if it even barely touches it will not give/lay down and miss direct the arrow.. Thanks
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 09:10:39 am »
  There right can't shoot vanes off the shelf.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING