Author Topic: Reviews on Native Arrows and Points DVD by Two Primitive Archery Masters  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Flint Arrow

Here is a couple reviews on Native Arrows and Points DVD from a couple of names that need no introduction. Jim Hamm and John McPherson....

Hi Thad
Finally got a chance to watch the DVD you kindly sent. Boy, is it 
nice. Good information and how-to, but just as important was the feel 
and voice of the whole piece, including the family Native American 
connection. I especially liked the campsite and furnishings, with the 
bow drill fire and soapstone pot.
And the hunting scenes were great, very well done. Incredibly 
difficult to get such close range shots from the ground, much less 
with a cameraman. And I couldn't agree more, a spring gobbler with 
natural tackle is maybe the toughest tag to fill in North America. 
I've hunted for more than 40 years with a wood bow, taking dozens of 
whitetails, several elk, caribou, and moose, and in all that time I've 
killed a grand total of one spring gobbler with a bow, despite scores 
of close encounters.
Anyway, I really enjoyed the DVD, I appreciate you sending it. Keep 
us the fine work.
Hope we get the chance to share a campfire sometime.
All the best
Jim

It's a rare privilege in this day to watch a real hunter use woodsman's skills to close in and harvest a deer, turkey or other game without the use of a compound bow, baits or tent/blinds. What is more impressive and exciting in the video “Native Arrows and Points” by Thad Beckum is that you get to watch him make every tool of the hunt; bow, arrow, arrowhead, string for the bow, glue, the fire that he uses - everything involved in the taking of big game from scratch. Everything. Directly from nature. Stone tools to make stone age tools. Yep - just like the Indians (and all of our ancestors) did once upon a time. “Naked into the Wilderness”. There are very few people capable of doing the same. Very few! If you have any interest or pride of taking more personal control of your life in the wilderness - the ultimate in self sufficiency - then this video is for you. You'll not only watch Thad do but you'll learn how as he explains in detail throughout.

John McPherson
Prairie Wolf
Author of the “Naked Into The WIlderness” series.