Author Topic: Need ideas for an arrow rack  (Read 15205 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Need ideas for an arrow rack
« on: September 03, 2013, 12:18:32 am »
I have a pretty nice arrow collection going and I need a way to display them.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Pictures would be a great help.  I have a bunch of 1x lumber to use.  I'm open to using natural materials as well.  Thanks for any help.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

Re: Need ideas for an arrow rack
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 12:22:30 am »
No ideas. But, I need one too.  I want to follow this thread.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline DLH

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 01:05:12 am »
How about something like this but narrower and staggered slightly so your arrows are angled and the head and feathers hang over each end. Also without drawers and maybe some deer leather with hair instead of the green felt and more slots to hold more arrows.

I also think some deer feet type mounts staggered slightly would look good as would turkey feet but that would take a lot of feet depending on how many arrows. Hope this gives some ideas.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 01:38:49 am »
Clint, this is a simple arrow rack I made fto display a few primitive arrows. My next one will have 2 uprights for better arrow support. The clips that hold the arrows are metal fuse clips for 12v electrical systems but small dowels set into the uprights will do just as well. Maybe Art Butner will post pics of his very cool arrow rack. Chris Cade made one like it too.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline artcher1

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 11:20:29 am »
Lost a lot of my pics due to a computer crash, so I looked up Chris Cade's copy of mine. He used the clips which worked great.  Here's that link  http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw/thread2.cfm?threadid=212976&category=88#2794145

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 11:25:35 am »
Art, I got my arrow clips from Chris.
 One of these days I'll make one of these arrow racks. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline steve b.

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 11:28:25 am »
I like cases that hang on the wall, with or without glass front doors.  If I ever get around to making some decent arrows that is what I'll do.  I found the cases all the time on craigslist while looking for larger bow cases.  Sometimes they are spice racks or intended for some other purpose but you would have to modify them a little.
Or a case that sits on a table.

Offline adb

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 11:35:07 am »
Here's one I made

Offline bow101

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 06:51:10 pm »
I don't have a photo yet but maybe this helps. I used pine 1X2 . You can make it any lenght you want. I wanted a rack that mounts to the wall so it does not flop everywhere. I basically screwed it together and drilled the 2 top pieces.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:13:35 pm by bow101 »
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 08:40:18 pm »
Not to hijack your post Clint.....

But Pat,  there's got to be a good story behind that banana shaped arrow in your rack, will you share it? 
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 08:42:05 pm »
Thanks guys!  Keep the ideas coming  :)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 08:44:17 pm »
Clint................. how many arrow do you plan on displaying?
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 09:12:03 pm »
DBar, gravity. I recently turned it over so it would straighten itself out.  ;D  Having just a single mounting point causes undo stress on the arrow because of the effects of gravity on both ends. Some of these arrows go way back to my early days with primitive archery and all are from friends from across the country.  8)

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 09:55:09 am »
  Pat, what century was that? just pulling your chain. Very nice collection. I need a rack too. Got my all over the place, mostly on top of pictures and plaques hanging on the wall.  BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 10:04:32 am »
Clint, I like Pat's and Chris's. Maybe we can get together and build some. Even shoot a little, haven't been to Rising Sun in a while. I'll be at Friendship through the week. maybe we can hookup. PM me your Phone #. and I'll call you. How's Tommy Hale doing. BDan
Cleves, Ohio