Author Topic: can you make a bowstring from jute twine ? and where can i buy dacron offline  (Read 7400 times)

Offline rockrush69

• i want to live in a tipi and hunt for my food
    • facebook.com/flingahbows
I have some jute and would like to make a string from it ... flemish twist ... but dont wNna get hurt or hurt my bow .... also . Is there a certain store that sells b 50 dacron ????? Because i have looked everywhere for it !!!!! 
JESSE "HALF CHEROKEE" RUSH
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline rockrush69

I usually just use parachord fro. Home depot and there is never stretch . And once i have shot the bow a lot and know its a good bow ... then i by buy a string from bass pro
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Don Case

I just read about that in TBB2. Page 250, jute makes a poor string.

Offline rockrush69

Crap !:( okay . Well . Do you know of any stores that carry dacron ????

JacksonCash

3riversarchery.com, lancasterarchery.com, amazon.com, bowhuntingstuff.com...

Offline rockrush69

Thanks everyone :)

Offline Weylin

I recommend using fastflight. It's a little more expensive than dacron but there is a noticable difference for me in the preformance.  There is less sound, less wrist slap and faster arrow speed. You can find it online and it can go under different names. (which I can't remember) Maybe someone else will offer some other names for fastflight so you can shop around.

Offline sleek

Zebco 50# test braided fishing line. Also hemp makes a decient string.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others