Author Topic: Looking for a 2nd/cheap hand warbow  (Read 3016 times)

Offline TheDukesArchers

Looking for a 2nd/cheap hand warbow
« on: October 16, 2013, 07:14:23 pm »
Hi,

I've just finished fletching 24 warbow spec arrows and I'm looking for a bow to shoo them from. I fletch all types of arrows, but I normally shoot  horse bows of various types I'm looking for a full compass bow pulling somewhere around the 100lb mark. Something that will work but not be too expensive.

Appreciated

Offline WillS

Re: Looking for a 2nd/cheap hand warbow
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:10:55 pm »
You've done it backwards :-P

Might be tricky finding them cheap, as anything over 100lbs is a serious bow for somebody to make, unlikely that a bowyer will sell one cheaply.  Second hand is your best bet, but still not easy.  Am I right in thinking you're UK based?  Have you tried the EWBS forum? There aren't many of us shooting warbows, it's a nice small community so you might have more luck asking amongst UK warbow guys.

Or make one ;) this is a bow making site after all...

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 09:13:10 pm »
A 100# warbow is not easy to make properly. It requires perfect wood and a skilled bowyer. Hence, they're not cheap. Good luck finding one used or 'inexpensive'. Get your hands on an elm, ash or (if you're lucky) yew stave and have a go. Lots of help here.

mikekeswick

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 03:55:08 am »
I may have something that would suit. I'll have to go to the workshop to have a look though.