Author Topic: Point Found in Baja California Sur  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Capt

Point Found in Baja California Sur
« on: October 26, 2013, 11:25:31 pm »
Hello there All.....

I was with a ranch friend today that knows that i build bows and he brought me an arrowhead he found in a gully where the rain runs by his ranch in the mountains down here close to San Jose Del Cabo.....

I'd love to get as much info about this point as possible.... Who, when, where and what kind of stone.... I know there is a good history of i think originally Polynesian tribes that originally inhabited this area ???? Anyone that can give me more info about the possible origins of this head the style of napping and such it would be greatly appreciated.....

It feels great to be holding something so primitive and id love when i start napping and hunting with my own made arrows around here to replicate the original style of the ancient inhabitants....

Here are some pics..... any input no matter how great or small really appreciated... ;)

Offline Capt

Re: Point Found in Baja California Sur
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 12:43:18 am »
After Doing More research the point seems to be of 'Guaycura' or Pericú origin.......??? Possibly an arrowhead used for deer or mid size game.. ???

The guy that came today told me he has more that he has found over the years and is interested to sell them or exchange for fish or fishing equipment...

What does anyone think would be a good price or trade for points like this?

Offline seminolewind

Re: Point Found in Baja California Sur
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 07:36:56 am »
Sure looks like quartz to me...pretty sweet ! I bet you now have the bug to get out there and find some more for yourself !
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.