Author Topic: Hunting advice.  (Read 777 times)

Offline Prarie Bowyer

Hunting advice.
« on: November 12, 2013, 04:58:55 pm »
Ok so I can  see that me and a few rabbits will not easily connect. 

I have 2 places where I've been going.  1) private farm land leased for corn and soybeans.  LOT of deer sign and I"ve seen a flock of turkeys there.  Some interesting places to make natural blinds in a drainage ditch with high grass.  One side is the Des Moines river and behind me the big ditch ... animals should only run deeper onto his property verses onto the neighbors.

2) state land. I've actualy chassed a few rabits there but the grass is so high and dense I don't see them til I'm standing on them and then they split with such commotion it scares me and I drop my arrow (2x).  Havent seen turkey but I know they are there.

So I'm not permitted for deer or turkey but I'm trying to decide which way i'll upgrade my liscense and how I'll set up.  No more tree stand hunting for me. 

Should I just get a deer liscense and hide in natural blinds and try to stalk to their beds? 

Or go for fall turkey, get a decoy and a a call that I don't know how to use and try to make a blind on the friends property in the corner and try to take a few turkeys? ?

I'm leaning deer. . . .  I love the idea of all that meat.  But the hastle of bonine and cleaning it  :-\  NOT using a butcher this year.

I had a concrete question when I started this but got interrupted.  Now I forget what I was going to ask.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:52:21 pm by Prarie Bowyer »

Offline bow101

Re: Hunting advice.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 06:26:32 pm »
MMmmmmm...........why not go to lesser grass
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell