Author Topic: Ghosts  (Read 13317 times)

Offline Lemos

Re: Ghosts
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2013, 11:08:30 pm »
Years ago working along the 57 freeway in California I witnessed a neon green orb about 10' in diameter come out of the sky at a sharp angle toward the hill line and just as I thought it would hit it changed course up to parallel the hill and again down over the top maintaining about what I would guess to be about 100 feet off the ground. It did all this in about ten seconds and was witnessed by another member of the construction crew I was on. Our only guess was UFO because I've never seen anything move that fast in course corrections and it seemed to come out of the clear sky, no clouds no smog, one minute it wasn't there and the next it was. 

Offline Marks

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 02:23:53 am »
I kept this story to myself for a long time. A year or so ago I told it to a gym buddy who walks the trail as well, he is a Civil War buff and historian. He got a strange look in his eyes and said "Well, several times I have heard what sounded like a whole platoon marching near the small bridge that crosses the creek close to the river". Go figure..........

Eric - A little off subject but just out from that small bridge where the creek flows into the river is a good place to catch hybrid stripe from the bank in the summer. We catch em on a Zara Puppy in bone color. Haven't heard the footsteps though.

JW -  Sounds like you have a coons in your house. lol

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 10:08:29 am »
Driving to camp years back about 11pm my buddy and I had  what appeared to be an older indian woman in a white flowing gown seemingly float across the road.We basically drove through her.We got out looked around and thought holy crap.We both seen it and still talk about it today.
Headed bowhunting 1 morning about 4/30am-parked the truck and was getting my stuff ready.Looked out across the sky to see what appeared to be a giant pulsating fire ball-got my attentention so I drove towards it but could,nt seem to get any closer.Drove back-parked and was at the back of my truck and it came streaking across the sky-stopped RIGHT above me and then in a flash disappeared.I have talked to other people and read that same occurance has happened to other people before.It was weird and cool at the same time.I was more intrigued than anything but won,t lie when I say while in my stand that morning daybreak was a welcome sight.Have an AWESOME day!!!Lloyd

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2013, 07:05:49 pm »
Non belivers only have to wait until they have an experience.Then they will  know!   :)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 01:46:08 am »
Ok fine! First this may be long winded and I'm not sure how I believe my Christian side says what I'm supposed to believe but don't help what I've seen and heard. One on a friends ranch in my teens there was a canyon they talked about being haunted, ok what ever. One day horse back to check on cows in the canyon I thought it strange the horses refused to even go as far as the fence stranger the cattle grouped at the gate bawling to get out. The refusal of the horses was not lightly I believe they would of had to been killed and dragged, spurs and over undering had no effect. I demanded it could be explained and we went back and got the ranch truck for it didn't believe in ghosts as I explained. what came next has left me in uncomfortable confusion for many years. The cattle could not be moved from the gate we tried, had to go up the hill around the herd and clime through the fence (remember these are range cattle more the mentality of deer than farm animals). Now around the herd my friend points to the cattle which made clear the silence they were but a few yards you could see they were still bawling but with no noise further up the canyon standing on the creek cascading through rocks without sound no fish no birds the air itself felt like a stale closet  know breeze nothing and all to satisfy the wonder of a non believer of ghosts. Nights later had a dream of an Indian party coming down a steep ravine it was like I was bellow them watching as they road toward me. Then a loud crack like a canon sounded and the east rim of the canyon came at us. The men were screaming the horses were squealing as they were buried by tons of boulder. When the rocks got to me I awoke panting in a sat up position to my surprise my friend in the twin bed across the room had the same image. So he said, was it real? did we discuss it before? was I really asleep? A vision? A message? guess I don't know but in my mind a war/or hunting party once upon a time on a cold winter day was buried under what was once the face of a cliff. One other part of this that has caught my attention as a teen I new nothing of our central Oregon Natives and probably didn't care the men I seen were fairly handsome, tall, well built and lean and it seems that the lead horseman carried a short spear like staff been a long time ago years between the happening and learning of our natives maybe I began to cross images in my mind over the years I've clearly questioned myself in my disbelief. But there physical poise the fact they did not wear close we traditionally see on T.V. there sharp and scared facial features are burned in deep. It all matches perfectly to what much later I learned about our western Shoshoni warriors. This is not my only ghost story I can't explain just the one who took my virtue :o ??? :'( and yes I think I even seen a UFO. just last year still trying to sort that one out.
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline sleek

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 01:22:19 pm »
Not sure what to make of this one.... Its not ghost, but kinda reversed. My wife, son, and i used to live in a house in Tampa Florida. It belongs to her ( living ) Grandmother. My son was about 4. We didnt have any TV connection and he has never seen a scary movie. So what follows next isnt from his imagination from tv. He was in his room broad daylight. Ran out screaming.... Screaming like he was dying. The scream that stands the hair on a parents neck up. He seemed fine but in our arms, he was paralyized with fear. He had no doubts in his mind that there was blood all over the roof in his room. He never went back in that room the rest of the time we lived there. I went in his room to check and got a cold chill. Probably just from how spooked my son was. I felt reluctant to lift my eyes, afraid of what I would see. I felt his fear in that room. Nothing was there on his roof. I emptied all his toys out and he slept with us in our room till we moved.

Fast foward 3 years. we have moved and long forgotton that instance. We never told anybody it either. It wasnt a big deal, though we couldnt convince him of that. One day my wife tells me her uncle comitted suicide in the house. Double barrel shot gun to his head, both rounds. ( Now thats tallent ). It didnt click for several months untill we were telling a friend. Her uncle splattered his brains all over the roof in the very room my son had his fright in. My wife and I realized this at the same time. I felt so cold at that moment, and sick to my stomach. I hope this never happens again. I dont want that to be things my son has to deal with also.... Eventually things quit happening to me, but it took until being an adult. I still feel things though. I hate it with a passion.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 06:18:52 pm »
Back in 2001 I bought a house about 20 minutes from town and was tearing out the carpet and painting the ceiling and walls and all.  It was totally empty cept some painting supplies and garbage bags and an ax handle by the door.  My soon to be wife and I were in town at a rental we lived in and heard that a big storm was on it's way. I had left the windows open in the new house due to paint fumes and told her that I was going to go back out and close the windows before the rain.  She decided to stay home.  I got there and put the key in the door and heard a HUGE, LOUD, sound in the house like a gun shot.  I grabbed the ax handle by the door and went in to investigate.  I looked through all the closets and every room, checked and shut all the windows and found nothing disturbed or broken, everything was just like we left it.  I drove back home and was telling Rachel about the experience when the phone rang.  It was one of my buddies from Georgia, he told me that my best friend had shot himself in the head about a half hour before.  True story, gives me goosebumps just thinking about it and a wet eye.  I've got a couple more stories too, but am leaving work now.  ;)

Have a gooder, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 06:48:13 pm »
Okay here's mine. A bit different from some of the others posted so far. It honestly makes me believe in Bigfoot, or at least something similar.

I used to be a Scout, and me and my friend were were at scout camp one night. We decided to play a prank on a another troop that was camped about a mile away. If we got caught, we would have been kicked out, so we made a plan to complete our prank in complete darkness. We set our alarms for 2:30 in the morning and met under a tarp that was pitched in our campsite. The night was overcast, so there was no light from the moon, and we were shrouded in complete blackness.That's when the first incident happened. We both heard quick heavy footsteps like an adult running through the woods, saw a huge 8 foot tall shadow pass by us, then smash into the side of a latrine before running off into the woods. No light, no human words, and no apparent destination. Very creepy. Stupidly we decided to keep going. We made it about 200 yards outside our camp before the next incident happened. I heard the same footsteps behind me, and thinking it was a counselor on patrol I stopped and hid. Again there was no light, and this time the footsteps stopped behind me. I begin to move forward again, this time close to the water. I heard the footsteps parallel me in the water, hearing rapid splashing. I stopped again, and heard the chilling sound of water draining off something hairy and huge as it stopped and got out of the water. I heard the footsteps start rapidly coming towards me again, and that's when I broke. I ran back to my tent as fast as I could, tied it shut as tight as I could, and hid in the very bottom of my sleeping bag. Only time in my life that I have been truly scarred.

At first I thought it was a bear, but the footsteps were distinctly human, and walked with the exact same pace I had. Whether it was Bigfoot, or some spirit, it was chilling either way and made me a believer. And yes, my friend Javier had the exact same experience and we still talk about it to this day.

Jon

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2013, 06:51:15 pm »
My dad asked me to write down my memories about what happened when he had his heart attacks, since he's mostly blocked it out, and putting them down on paper helped me remember...

We were taking down a tree in a small neighborhood in mid July.  I was stacking brush when the old man burned his rope rappelling out of the tree.  He stared me in the eye and wheezed out "It's happening again, call the ambulance" before he just laid down.  I ran around to the front of the house, but every door was locked.  No one in the neighboring houses was home either, and I ran out of options.

"Hey.  Do you need to get in?"
I turned around and there was this little kid.
"Yes, my dad needs help"  I told him. He nodded back.

The little boy silently unlocked the garage door, and the inner door to the house.  He handed me the cordless phone and I dialed the three digits.  I figured he must have gone back outside while I was talking to dispatch.  I ran back to my father and stayed on the phone until the ambulance arrived, leaving the door wide open.

From the hospital that night, Dad called the homeowner to explain why we disappeared, and to tell them how their "grandson" was so helpful.
They don't have any grandchildren.
No one in the neighborhood had kids at home.
Their doors were locked when they got home from work.

Thank you, spirit.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2013, 07:19:03 pm »
I found people are hesitant to believe in UFOs

I agree with this sentiment and almost did not reply in this thread for this reason. 

I saw a UFO once, and until that moment, I would have bet the house that anyone who says they saw one is a crack pot.  I do not believe this anymore.  I also had a witness with me, a good buddy, who also would tell the same story - - lights in the sky, not moving - hovering like, changing colors, about 20-30 seconds worth, then, all of a sudden, zoom off into the distance as fast as warp speed seems on TV.  Certainly no weather baloon, airplane, helo, etc. and I know what navigation lights on aircraft look like.  I have no good explanation for what I saw.  Still bothers me, the not knowing, that is. 

Russ

Offline bow101

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 07:57:11 pm »
Eric, I saw two large lights in the sky a few years back. They were offset from each other bright white and seemed very close.I stopped shut my truck off and could hear nothing. They seemed to do the "Warp Speed" thing as well. Funny thing a few weeks later a friend started a conversation with,This is gonna sound crazy........ he had seen it also.He lives across the valley from me. I have also seen a few things not in the air I cannot explain. Who knows?

Yep saw something allmost exactly as you say, maybe the lights were about 10,000 feet at pre-dusk.
Most people often misinterpret the meaning UFO.!  It's what it means Unidentified Flying Object.  When someone mentions strange lights in the sky as UFO's people automatically think that you are referring to Flying saucers,  that's why we call these sightings and/or things UFO's...... :) This was extremely unusual and only saw it once in my almost 60 years of living.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2013, 08:32:13 pm »
What convinced me to talk to the"solder" who was walking behind me was that I had talked to a poltergeist in an old farm house we once lived in to get it to stop it's shenanigans.

At first it was amusing, locked windows opened and slammed shut in the middle of the night or left half open, all the silverware or a cabinet full of pots and pans thrown across the kitchen floor a 2am and such.

I finally got tired of having my sleep disrupted, stood in the hall and said" look, we love having you here but we need to coexist in peace, no loud noises in the middle of the night, I have to get some sleep so I can go to work rested". There wasn't another peep out of our resident"ghost" after I asked for it's cooperation.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 09:06:38 pm »
Had the same kind of experience as you did Eric,at a very old Ranch i worked when i was young.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2013, 09:18:07 pm »
These are so good! 
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2013, 06:11:53 pm »
My oldest son (now 5) was very "sensitive" when he was younger (1 to 2 years of age). It started when he was getting scared in his bedroom and kept saying that a soldier would watch him at night. We asked him if he hurt him and he said no, he just watches me. we told him he had nothing to worry about if he wasn't being hurt. A few weeks later we were at a restaurant and he pointed and said "hey, there's grandpa Norm". we looked and there was no one there. Grandpa norm died of cancer in '84 and my son had only seen a few pictures of him, but he was a tail gunner in WWII.

Another time, same son, different deceased grandpa (from my wife's side). we were celebrating grandmothers 90th bday who still lives at her house. out in the yard my son was playing with a croquet set when he took a ball and just sort of wandered off to the back of the yard, rolling it around, laughing and running. a few of us just watched but didn't think anything of it. about a week later, we were just talking about the trip and the party and he said that one of his favorite parts was when he played ball with grandfather in the back yard. we asked him if he meant papa (my wifes dad) and he said no grandfather. there is only one grandparent that we called "grandfather", the others are papa, farfar (swedish), etc. but only one grandfather.

I've heard that little kids are often more open to encounters since they don't know any better and haven't been told yet that they are crazy by adults.
45# at 27"