Author Topic: Congratulations to Weylin for winning October Self BOM!!!!!  (Read 14755 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to Weylin for winning October Self BOM!!!!!
« on: November 19, 2013, 06:00:07 pm »
Congratulations to Weylin for winning October Self BOM!!!!!

Vine Maple Bow for a Good Friend

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,42949.msg

Here is what Weylin wrote about his bow: 
I have a friend in Georgia who I consider a brother. He has a 7 year old boy who just got into archery so I told Jerome I would make him a bow that he could shoot with his son. It is a vine maple bow, 68" ntn 50# @ 28", that came from funky, deflexed stave that had a natural flipped tip on one end and a S-shape to the front profile. This stave took a lot of heating and wrestling around to tame it and get it into a usable shape. I probably had 6-7 heating sessions into it including a good heat treating. The deflex is almost all natural with only about a half an inch of set coming from tillering. The stain is Fiebing's leather dye, the finish is 8 coats of tru-oil buffed down to a satin finish. The handle wrap is leather with leather lacing done in John Strunk's style. The tip overlays are bison horn and the string is fastflight. Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy it.

Here are some comments from forum members: 
Another reason to love vine maple, and to go get some more. Just what I needed   huisme
Beautiful Bow and great photography. Your friend will be proud to shoot that bow  Portlandfire
Man that is a beauty,outstanding work in all aspects,I know he will love that.    Pappy

Nice job Weylin...hope to see it entered in BOM!!!   Blackhawk

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:18:53 am by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline bubby

Re: Congratulations to Weylin for winning October Self BOM!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 06:06:25 pm »
we need to give it up for cip, these write ups just get better and better, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Bombadil072

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 10:38:37 am »
Weylin,

Congratulations and THANKS!  I am the recipient of this magnificent bow and although you and I have talked already, I wanted to express my thanks here too.  I have had the pleasure of shooting this awesome bow daily already since receiving it on Wednesday (even though I am busy with chiropractic school).  It is such a pleasure.  Already, I am achieving good, consistent groupings; even though it has been years since I have shot a longbow, and I am embracing my inner lefty for the first time.  Your advice and guidance is paying off and your craftsmanship is superb!  Photos as soon as we are able...

Jerome

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 02:02:29 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS DUDE!  VERY WELL DESERVED!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?