Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4664476 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #20070 on: May 10, 2024, 07:30:56 am »
The bow shop never slows down. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20071 on: May 10, 2024, 07:33:36 am »
Had a large turn out from Texas this year, it just seems to keep growing, they all camp together, I call it the little Alamo, they love it. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20072 on: May 10, 2024, 07:37:41 am »
Not all by far but many of the best Boyer's and nappers in country are there working/giving advice and lending a hand where needed, many thanks to them, it is much appreciated.  :) :) and of course JW he is quite the social butterfly  ;) :) Loved having you JW , hope you enjoyed it also. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20073 on: May 10, 2024, 07:46:16 am »
People from all over the county , it was a great time for sure. Already looking forward to next year. Now I am headed back to the cabin for the weekend, few thing left to put back together, then back to normal. ??? Guess that was pretty much normal for me , just with fewer people. ;) I am Blessed that is for sure. :) :)  Hope yall enjoyed the pictures and have a good Mother's day weekend. Life is Good.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #20074 on: May 10, 2024, 08:14:10 am »
Thanks for the pictures Pappy. Time to get rested up for the next one.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20075 on: May 11, 2024, 08:59:34 pm »
I can tell you, Pappy, that I have done a lot of things, been a lot of places, met one whole heck of a lot of people. My three visits to the Classic are all absolutely memorable, but this one takes not just the cake but the whole bakery and shebang!

To have the opportunity to shoot the breeze with so many people I have loved and corresponded with on this wonderful Forum for years was more valuable than any man's accumulated riches. And to meet others that know and understand this craft at levels I will never reach was inspiring. But it was the many people struggling with their first ever stave that moved me deeply. The philosophy of "each one teach one" is so deeply rooted in the soil of Twin Oaks and our community that it gives me hope for the future. Will's words ring true in me, this is a place that tillers the soul.

This community has been beyond generous to me, and I hope I can continue to be equally generous to the next ones coming up. Pappy, you in particular have given to me without stint or frugality. You have stood in as a father figure exhibiting strength, courage, good cheer, prudence, and wisdom when I needed a role model to help me emulate those attributes. I know I am a better man for having your influence on me.

Yeah, life IS good.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.