Author Topic: The New Shop  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Slackbunny

The New Shop
« on: November 29, 2013, 07:13:30 pm »
Well in the past I've done almost all of my bowyery on the weekends at my father-in-law's wood shop because we lived in a small apartment in the city while I was going to school. With a new job comes a new place, a bungalow with an unfinished basement. You can imagine how excited I was to get set up with my own spot!

Here she is. She ain't much compared to my father-in-law's tricked out workshop, but its a hell of a lot more than what I had before.

And to top it all off, I even have my own mini archery range:

Its just a folded over bedsheet for stopping blunts, but it works like a charm... unless you have broadheads on.

But now that I've shown mine, why don't you all post pictures of where you work. Maybe we could get some ideas from each other.

Offline RyanR

Re: The New Shop
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 09:09:49 pm »
Nice setup. Looks like everything you need. I did some building in my basement but it seemed like I brought wood chips and dust up through the whole house.

Offline bow101

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 09:52:41 pm »
Don't have a photo of my work spot, its the garage.  Nice to see your place with fresh shavings on the floor it just does not get any better than that............................. ;)  Almost makes me wanna go out and do something.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 11:56:28 pm »
Looks good! If I didn't have so much metal&auto's crud in my shop right now I'd post pictures but it doesn't look much like a bowyers shop  :P
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.