Author Topic: Ice Fishing '13  (Read 20253 times)

Offline Stoker

Re: Ice Fishing '13
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2014, 10:44:15 am »
Great to see coupla good batches of fish.. PD my dad don't icefish no more
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline stickbender

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2014, 05:01:57 pm »
     Hopefully this will work.  I hope it does.  My Buddy's three sons with their catch.  They had caught five others, close to the same size and threw them back, and would have thrown two of these back, but all three had swallowed the hook too far down.  As you can see there is no need of a cooler for the PBR. ;)  You can't see it well, but there is a nice COLD Pabst Blue Ribbon, behind them, it is between the two on the right. 8)

Wayne

Offline Stoker

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2014, 05:22:23 pm »
Those are nice ones Wayne... If that's the lake on the way to the Bearpaws I know the one ;).. I have a freind in Havre that fishs it
Thanks Leroy

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2014, 05:57:21 pm »
WOW!
those are some really nice pike.
my morning on the ice yesterday was pretty lack luster.
caught some fish but nothing to write home about.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2014, 05:58:59 pm »

Stoker, my Buddy and his Wife are in Havre now building an assisted living facility.  This was at Martin Creek Slough, in Noxon Reservoir, in Trout Creek, Mt.  He has done some fishing on the reservoir in Havre, and loves it!  Caught some nice walleye, and pike there.  I wish I was there now.  Not Havre, but in Thompson Falls!  Havre is too cold!

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2014, 06:05:56 pm »

Yeah, KH, my luck ice fishing was rather lackluster also.  I tried it for the first time last year, only had one fish on, and nothing to write home about, and lost it just as I was pulling it out of the ice.  That was after taking a rather FAST fall on the ice after I stood up from my chair.  Later a guy at one of the restaurants in town, told me he just uses a towel, and when he gets the fish's head up through the hole, he flops the towel in the fish's mouth, and it closes down, like an alligator will do, and he just pulls them out, without a gaff.  Sounds plausible.  I would sure like to catch some like those, though for sure.  I would be very happy! ;) ;D

Wayne

Offline seabass

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2014, 06:08:11 pm »
nice pike.wish I was there.i would brave the cold for fish like that.instead,i got to mud drywall all day in the cold.pike fishing would have been much better lol.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Stoker

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2014, 06:18:27 pm »
Wayne I gotta to go to Havre next month for a hockey tourney... The grandson's playing... I'll can't go fishing but I'll drink your merican beer and eat a jalapeno monster burger at the Gallery...
Steve feel your pain.. Doing nothing but dragging fans and heat around argggghhhhhhhh........ cold and windy haven't fished 2weeks going through withdrawels.....
Thanks leroy

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2014, 08:15:34 pm »
got this 21 in walleye this evening on a marmooska jig while fishing for crappies and bluegills.
this is the first walleye I have caught from this lake and hopefully not the last.

soon to be introduced to hot oil and a cast iron skillet.
Kevin

Offline TRACY

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »
Nice 'eye Kevin! I can taste it from here!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2014, 09:23:55 pm »

Yeah, KH, my luck ice fishing was rather lackluster also.  I tried it for the first time last year, only had one fish on, and nothing to write home about, and lost it just as I was pulling it out of the ice.  That was after taking a rather FAST fall on the ice after I stood up from my chair.  Later a guy at one of the restaurants in town, told me he just uses a towel, and when he gets the fish's head up through the hole, he flops the towel in the fish's mouth, and it closes down, like an alligator will do, and he just pulls them out, without a gaff.  Sounds plausible.  I would sure like to catch some like those, though for sure.  I would be very happy! ;) ;D

Wayne

The towel trick works great for pike, and if you don't have a towel, you can use your  hand.....once!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2014, 08:23:18 am »
Nice fish Kevin. pink/white and green/white Marmooska's are my number one drops. Love 'em.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline adb

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2014, 10:17:20 am »
got this 21 in walleye this evening on a marmooska jig while fishing for crappies and bluegills.
this is the first walleye I have caught from this lake and hopefully not the last.

soon to be introduced to hot oil and a cast iron skillet.
Kevin

Yummy! I can almost smell that frying now!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2014, 10:19:08 am »
Them are some good sized norderns Wayne!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2014, 10:31:20 am »
Nice walleye.. A good tasty treat
Thanks Leroy