Author Topic: Squirrel Call  (Read 4299 times)

Offline neuse

Squirrel Call
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:43:40 am »
How can I make a squirrel call?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Squirrel Call
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:46:53 am »
One method I've heard of used 2 quarters(aka$0.25)circle one around its edges with thumb and fore finger and tap on it with the edge of the other. Opening and closing your hand will change the pitch of the sound. Sounds kind of like a squirrel barking.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline StickMan47

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 10:29:45 pm »
Pat hit the nail on the head. Called up a many a squirrel with that trick. If you get one hiding on the other side of the tree from you, just sit still for a bit and get those two quarters out. Start tapping them like Pat said and that squirrel will get curious and come back around on your side of the tree!
Makin fine firewood, one bow at a time!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 10:38:16 pm »
 8) never heard of that one ........
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 03:12:55 pm »
Get a 3 - 4 inch piece of wood drill a hole in one end and get a plastic threaded bolt cut the head off insert threaded piece into the hole you drilled glue it in and let it set. Then use a scrap piece of tile or a sample tile ( ceramic or marble ) and run it across the threads to produce a sound that mimics the soubd they make when "cutting". Ive gotten many a squirrel with this. My grandfather taught me how to make one when i was younger. Ill post pics of mine this evening. Maybe even do a how-to.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!