Author Topic: 17th Tennessee Classic  (Read 126035 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: 17th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2014, 08:06:44 am »
Hey Greg (BB) save me a spot on top this year If you get there before me.   :)  I'll have some more rib eye for mans best friend  :laugh:

I'll be there for my third Classic,  Hope to see and meet face to face with everyone.  :)
DBar
Come on Dbar, where's your sense of adventure?  Be a man and camp down by the creek.  It's so peaceful and serene, then there's a cloudburst or a tornado and things get interesting pronto!!  I couldn't even make it to my campsite one night last year for the high water.  Pappy made me sleep in his cabin (I hated that  >:D ).
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline BearG

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2014, 05:41:22 pm »
Hey Greg (BB) save me a spot on top this year If you get there before me.   :)  I'll have some more rib eye for mans best friend  :laugh:

I'll be there for my third Classic,  Hope to see and meet face to face with everyone.  :)
DBar
Come on Dbar, where's your sense of adventure?  Be a man and camp down by the creek.  It's so peaceful and serene, then there's a cloudburst or a tornado and things get interesting pronto!!  I couldn't even make it to my campsite one night last year for the high water.  Pappy made me sleep in his cabin (I hated that  >:D ).
You where just being a sissy!!! lol  Was fun, and can't wait until we do it again.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2014, 08:43:46 pm »
Greg S.
 I'm getting too old for all that "peaceful and serene" atmosphere.   ;D ;).  Badly Bend and I camped next door to each other last year.  I got there Thursday night, no room down by the creek.  I need the exercise walking up and down the hill anyway.  Hope to see ya at Moontree and the Classic. Maybe you can give me some shooting pointers.  I remember last year at Moontree you shot pretty well.
See ya then
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2014, 07:09:04 am »
Dbar, looking forward to meeting again soon.  If I were you, I would look elsewhere for a shooting coach!  I suck at it.  Seems the more I shoot, the worse I get!!  Explain that.  I hope I can soak up some more bow building knowledge off you guys.  See you at Moontree.

Offline seabass

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2014, 09:35:04 pm »
Greg,me and Bear made it to camp.on a 4 wheeler.my boots weren't tall enough to cross the creek lol.plus that's where our beer was.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2014, 06:35:03 am »
Greg,me and Bear made it to camp.on a 4 wheeler.my boots weren't tall enough to cross the creek lol.plus that's where our beer was.
Ha!  Can't let the "supplies" get washed away!! :laugh:

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2014, 08:09:02 am »
It was quite the rain if I remember right, :-\ happens so much at the Classic it's hard to remember just one insentient.  ;) :) :) Wished it wouldn't rain,it always make mine and others life tougher but we always seem to manage to have a great time inspite of the weather. ;) Tough ,hardy bunch that come to this thing    I always tell folks that want to know how we do it and don't seem to mind that much.  ;) ;D ;D I guess when you play outside you have to plan on getting wet sometimes.  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2014, 09:49:22 am »
Yep, every now and then we get a sprinkle.  Brings everyone together under the bow shop and napping pit.  One thing for certain, the fire never goes out!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2014, 07:39:46 am »
Yep,never a dull moment around there. Fire can be a challenge but some how we manage. Really looking forward to it,miss all you folks. :) Wished we lived closer together. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2014, 07:39:58 am »
Matt, as I recall me and you got a little muddy and wet digging up the posts for the swinging bridges that got washed out.  Everyone come together quick like, and the bridges were in order in no time.  Fun times. :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2014, 07:41:35 am »
Didn't seem like that much fun at the time Greg,but looking back that is what memories are made of,how about the stuck dump truck,now that was fun  :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2014, 02:02:31 pm »
Well....its pretty much almost official....sorry guys I'm pretty sure I won't be making it down this year....I have a family trip planned,and if I did the classic as well it wood only leave me with 1-2 days left of vacation for the rest of the whole year...and I shouldn't be cutting myself that short with what I get off from work  :-\

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2014, 02:14:53 pm »
And to think I was going to bring you a well seasoned mountain laurel stave.  We sure will miss you, Chris. Next year make Twin Oaks your family vacation destination.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2014, 03:04:01 pm »
Ah man!  I was going to show you how slow I could make a bow, blackhawk, and maybe do a little tradin'.  Hate to hear it, but time well spent if with the family.  We'll cross paths again.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2014, 04:43:46 pm »
Greg, you are the only person I know that can rough out a bow with sandpaper  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left