Author Topic: 2nd Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 82092 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: 2nd Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2014, 09:55:40 pm »
Dave, you should come to the Sept. shoot/camping weekend at Scottsburg this fall.  Its a good time and not that far of a drive for you. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2014, 08:55:46 am »
11 more days!!  It's getting close. :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline TRACY

« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2014, 01:28:00 pm »
Dave, is there going to be a long shot setup like last year? >:D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2014, 01:31:26 pm »
Clint, I'll think about the Scottsburg shoot.  Keep me post as much in advance as possible as to when it is.  Deer archery season starts here the first of Sept.  It seems I have deer on my place early in the season and by mid-October not so much.  And Brian and I do an annual bow hunt at his place usually the 3rd or 4th weekend.  We usually set the date for that hunt by July, so I have plenty of time to request off work.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2014, 01:34:58 pm »
You all might want to be cautious coming to Scottsburg for the 2 day event in September. There are a lot of bad influences around that place! Of course I would be glad to introduce to all of them!

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2014, 01:35:34 pm »
Tracy, all the targets are in the same place as they were last year.  I wanted to move some around but my tractor is sick at the moment.  The bedded buck will always be there, so as to keep the "long shot" tradition. But, I'm pretty sure that me hitting the buck with one shot, will not be a tradition for long.  ;D
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2014, 10:13:21 pm »
You aren't fooling anyone Dave.  We all know you have been practicing that shot all year

Do you have an outlet I could run an extension cord to and put a small space heater in my tent?  It might get pretty chilly in there at night.

Just a week and a half to go

Offline gmc

« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2014, 10:34:18 pm »
Dang, if it wasn't so far I'd come. That and fact that I forgot how to string a bow. 😎
Central Kentucky

Offline TRACY

« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2014, 10:58:47 pm »
Dang, if it wasn't so far I'd come. That and fact that I forgot how to string a bow. 😎

Can't be that far gmc, many of us are from out of state with Dan coming from Michigan.

Clint, you don't need a heater, Dave's got the Brittanies that will cuddle up with you and keep you warm :o

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2014, 11:25:54 pm »
Might be a bad idea Tracy.  Once I start snoring they will think they are in a tent with a grizzly.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2014, 01:38:25 am »
GREG !!! where in heck have you been?  Get you butt over here and I'll string your bow for you.  >:D  I'm sure you have some pistolas that need to be shot, also.

Don't let GMC fool you guys.  He's only about 30 minutes away.

Clint I have plenty of outlets for you to connect to.  As for the brittanies, I'm pretty particular who I let my dogs sleep with.  I'll have to see your papers and bloodlines.  ???
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2014, 01:45:54 am »
You aren't fooling anyone Dave.  We all know you have been practicing that shot all year

Honestly, I shot about 25 arrows at the buck when I finished my red oak trade bow.  I think I shot 5 or 10 arrows at it with another bow, but can't really remember.  Now, that's not to say that I won't shoot 100 arrows at it tomorrow, though  ;)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2014, 06:55:58 am »
Just saw the forecast and you might need the long johns and a heater Clint with an Arctic air mass working our way.

Dave's probably been using trees behind the target like sight pins to practice drilling the target >:D

Anyone else bringing food items that I need to add to p.8?

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2014, 07:55:35 am »
Clint I have plenty of outlets for you to connect to.  As for the brittanies, I'm pretty particular who I let my dogs sleep with.  I'll have to see your papers and bloodlines.  ???

Sounds like your SOL Outlaw!!  Nice shot Dave!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline gmc

« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2014, 08:28:41 pm »
Dave, thanks for the invite. My plan is to be there before lunch on Friday. I will be sleeping the truck when I can find it, so no special provisions needed. :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Central Kentucky