Author Topic: Stump Shootin' Fun  (Read 3681 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Stump Shootin' Fun
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:49:05 pm »
Went out in the woods shootin' at natural targets.  It was a lot of fun and I really challenged myself... er I mean I took shots I had no business taking.  Oh well, all in good fun. 

Click on the picture below to view the video!

^^^^Click^^^^
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Stump Shootin' Fun
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:25:13 am »
Cool,always love stump shooting. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 10:38:59 pm »
Especially if you throw a couple of young 'uns into the mix. Some serious fun right there!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 05:43:18 pm »
Used to get my butt handed to me shooting yucca in a pasture with my old bow mentor.  We'd play "horse", with him spotting me h...o...r...  LOL!

And you can't just pick the new target.  There has to be a story.  I.e. 15 yds, downhill, the yucca with two of last year's flower stalks?  It's a bull elk, head down to the left....cows over the ridge chirping, he's about to turn and head over the ridge, TAKE 'HIM!  Twang! "Son of a..."

Better practice for real world hunting than standing at the standard 20 yds aiming for the same size bull's eye tareget you have been shooting for months.  UNLESS you have trained deer to stand at that exact distance and have bred them to have a bull's eye pattern right over their heart and lungs.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 08:17:10 pm »
Tim,
very jealous of your weather down there   >:(  ;)  If I went stump shooting now , I'd be loosing arrows in the snow!!! ;D
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Mike Joe

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 12:26:29 am »
Great video Tim! I probably would have fell out of that tree trying to carry my bow and arrows.
"Son, we don't really care how it looks, We want it to work." - John McPherson

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 10:55:36 pm »
Great video Tim! I probably would have fell out of that tree trying to carry my bow and arrows.
Lol, my quiver did get hung on a branch and I didn't even notice.  I got to the trunk of the tree and saw my quiver hanging on the end of the limb.  Had to climb back and get it.  I thought for sure I would fall.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!