Author Topic: 2014 bow trade, read all the rules before signing up. CLOSED!!!  (Read 39624 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Although I really enjoyed being a part of the trade last year, after a great deal of thought and procrastination in making a decision on this years trade I've decided to take a pass this year. Already have 5 bows I want to make for others before summer plus some arrows for myself and various other non archery projects to complete. Will be watching from the sidelines and cheering everyone on though.  :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
I too have waited till the last minute here.  I emailed JW last night and told him I was as of yet undecided, but would sleep on it and make the call this morn.  The trade was a blast last year and I enjoyed being a part of it.  I built 2 bows so that if one turned to dust at the last minute, I would have another.  I was committed, revved up, and had the time to dedicate to it.  This year I do not, and I wont go in half hearted.  Have fun and I too will be following very closely, probably wishing I was playing at some point.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline steelslinger

I'm still on the fence.

Offline IdahoMatt

I am getting very anxious to get my victims name.  Chomping at the bit for sure :)

Offline Parnell

I've got other bows to get out and I've been holding off, but, after much thought, what the hell, why not, I'm in!

And if for some fluke of fate if PatB draws me...I'd like to order one of his woodland locust bows with single side nocks around 50 # or just under.  Saw one you made at The Classic for auction and I always wanted one.  Figure my chances aren't so far off!!!

Got it PAT?!!!  Ha! ;D ;D ;D

Kidding aside, I'm looking forward to it.  Who will be my victim?! ;)
1’—>1’

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
I enjoyed last years trade, but am going to sit this one out, I've got more than a few irons in the fire and don't want to end up rushing a bow. Ill be watching though!
45# at 27"

Offline autologus

I've got other bows to get out and I've been holding off, but, after much thought, what the hell, why not, I'm in!

And if for some fluke of fate if PatB draws me...I'd like to order one of his woodland locust bows with single side nocks around 50 # or just under.  Saw one you made at The Classic for auction and I always wanted one.  Figure my chances aren't so far off!!!

Got it PAT?!!!  Ha! ;D ;D ;D

Kidding aside, I'm looking forward to it.  Who will be my victim?! ;)

Well who wouldn't want one of those.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline Blaflair2

I'll take whatever!
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline JonW

I have spoken to the organizers of the trade and I will also tell you guys as well. I am willing to participate if someone wants a short bow. That's what I like to make and that's what I like to shoot. Now when I say short I am talking about 56"-46". I could maybe go a little longer say 58"-60". It's gonna bend in the handle as well. Not trying to be snooty or anything that is just what I am willing to do. If this is acceptable to you guys then I'm in. I understand if some of you wouldn't be ok with it.

Offline Josh B

Your a good man Josh  :) ... But was kinda hoping to play

the lottery that I'd get a  world famous 'GUN DOC' bow   ;D

What ever do ya mean Mitch?  ??? I distinctly remember hand delivering a couple walnut bows to you a few years ago.   Well.....I guess they were in kit form! ;) >:D. Josh

Offline autologus

I have spoken to the organizers of the trade and I will also tell you guys as well. I am willing to participate if someone wants a short bow. That's what I like to make and that's what I like to shoot. Now when I say short I am talking about 56"-46". I could maybe go a little longer say 58"-60". It's gonna bend in the handle as well. Not trying to be snooty or anything that is just what I am willing to do. If this is acceptable to you guys then I'm in. I understand if some of you wouldn't be ok with it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that, this is all about making someone a bow not ordering a bow from someone.  Stats are recommendations not requirements, same with style preferences.  We all have styles we like better but I for one would take any length, any style I would just prefer not to get something I can't draw.  I have a bow roughed out and waiting to be finished, it may or may not make draw length for everyone but it is what I will be sending provided it does not blow up first.  To me the whole fun of a trade is building something for someone maybe even giving them something they do not have or something different outside the box for them.  The point is have fun with it.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline rps3

JonW, I see no problem with you making what you are best at. Who wouldn't want that?

Offline 2014_Trade_Runner

honestly i would love to set up the trade so that no one gets to know who their recip is untill the bow is finished, you only get max bow spec so you dont make a bow that draws 50# @31"  for a person that can only draw 40# @ 25".  this way everyone makes their favorite bows and knows that the bow they made is the absolute best bow they can possibly make.

But............everyone likes to stalk their prey before they get building.

-B53
BOWMAN53 AND JW_Halverson

Offline DuBois

I would love to have a shorty from you Sir.
In fact, I don't see a name on here I would not love to have a bow from...well, except mine :o ::)

Offline BOWMAN53

yup theres some damn good bowyers signed up.