Author Topic: It's All About The South  (Read 13805 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: It's All About The South
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 12:52:02 am »
Bury my bones under a cypress tree,...In the Big Pee Dee Swamp.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 09:17:46 am »
Now your talk'n Frank, put me in Sparkleberry...Spent some Pee Dee time near Florence with some fellers led line and a few Mollies...
                                         Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 09:19:42 am »
At least 6 genrations in Middle Tennessee,before that somewhere in the Carolina's,before that goat herders for the King of England. ;) ;D ;D ;D
Guess you could call me a southern boy. ;) I feel pretty sure it was south England. ;) ;D ;D ;D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 09:43:53 am »
6Th generation, on both my Mom and Dad's side, in these hills of North Alabama.

Both my Grandmother's trace back to Native Americans. Echota Cherokee and Choctaw.
Both of my Grandfather's were of European blood.  However both families have been on
this side of the pond since the 1700's. 

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 10:01:01 am »
Born in New Mexico, but been here in Mississippi since I was 5. Dad and his folks are from here. I guess you could say I'm a Mississippi boy!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Josh B

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 10:13:42 am »
I was born a Yankee.  However, my family started out in Virginia when they came across the pond.  They then settled in Tennessee and Kentucky for 3 or 4 generations before they packed up and move to the territories.  We've been here abouts the Ks/ne line since the 1850's.  I guess in the end I still ended up a Yankee, whether I had any say in the matter or not. Josh

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 10:23:38 am »
Born and raised in Southeast Kentucky, right on the Tennessee border.  My great grandfather's farmland is now part of Daniel Boone National Forest.  Now live in Northeast Tennessee, but still blue blooded.  Go Wildcats!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 11:25:21 am »
Rick, I was born in Pensacola and my Mom's side of the family is all up in that part of Florida. Most of her German Great Aunts married into the Cheerokee Tribe.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Wiley

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 12:40:20 pm »
Have lived in Georgia all my life. My parents and their parents have been from Georgia and Alabama, probably a bit past that.

Don Case

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 01:03:13 pm »
My grandmother was born and raised in Corpus Christi and I live in Southern Canada, does that count? >:D >:D >:D

Offline Zuma

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 05:38:53 pm »
Fifth Generation Floridian. Family was German and Portuguese immigrants and have a copy of both Great Grandfathers Pension papers from the CSA. Ain't many of us "real" Floridians here anymore.
And don't forget where your dad is from.
Couldn't resist Eddie, being a Damned Yankee presently from Virginia and wintering south of the 10. The South will Rise again. Well not because I'm here. lol

Pappy ,
I just crusied through Clarksville. Wow how it has changed in the last 10 years.
The banks of the Cumberland were looking good for point finding.
I drove through 10 miles of stores three tiers deep going north out of downtown.
Zuma
PS this is why there are no Yankee gators
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:15:37 pm by Zuma »
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 09:11:12 pm »
Yea, Don, forgot about him, Irish from Philly, well, a Dad for a year before he disappeared. Step Dad who raised me was from Florida, a Parker and a boat load of Cheerokee on his side of the family.

Bob, yea, I'm a Cracker, played with a lot of cows and Grandpa was a Rodeo rider back in the  30's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 12:51:54 am »
I was born and raised in Pensacola to Eddie! Live over in East Milton now, Pensacola has turned into a ghetto,except the beach,they keep cops down there for the tourist  :)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 02:13:07 am »
Paternal is North Dakota from about 1880's, Maternal is North Carolina from about the 1850's.

Me...a happy in between, Southern Indiana. Love me some country ham, though!! Stayed a spell in central Kentucky a few times in my younger years. Mostly a southcentral Indiana river rat though.

;) have a gooder, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 06:05:26 am »
Should have stopped by Zuma and yes it has changed a lot over the years. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good