Author Topic: central texas gtg!! Yegua Bow Bust!  (Read 61247 times)

Offline 4dog

Re: central texas gtg!! Yegua Bow Bust!
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2014, 10:20:03 am »
we got hammdred last night..but we needed the rain...sposed to clear out today...and clear weather all weekend...a nice 85•...sat and sunday.
"SET" is always there !!!

Stringman

« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2014, 11:21:53 am »
1 of these days George...

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2014, 12:00:48 pm »
dang fellas...yall are makin this interesting ..rattler meat and all...i was hoping to bag a couple eating pigs...but folks either want money..or you should have asked yesterday..lol...still have irons in the fire and willing to go a fair distance to get em...hope i dont disappoint...this is gonna be fun rain or shine!!

I just lined up hog hunts for Jack and I up towards Temple for both Friday night and Saturday night.  If we have good luck on Friday we will be bringing fresh hog meat with us when we show up Saturday morning.  It also puts us in a cot when we're done hunting and that's a big plus for an old guy like me.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Newindian

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2014, 09:55:05 pm »
For Sombody who hasn't attended an event yet can you tell me what I should bring
I like free stuff.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2014, 11:13:25 pm »
a tent or something like it if your gonna sleep there..maybe a bow to shoot..one blank to work on...knapping stuff if ya got it...stuff to trade if your so inclined...pretty much anything you think YOU might need would be best...after that ...improvise.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2014, 11:15:59 pm »
might be counting on ya mr stoneberg...the closer it gets ..the less chance i got ta get em myself...it would be appreciated.   :)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2014, 08:52:05 pm »
Being Cash!    >:D

Just Funnin'...

Being anything you have that you're working on... along with any tools you prefer.
Also I'd say being what ever you might want to drink...

I'll have my Weber for Grilling and Light Smoking.
And my Deep Frying setup for Frying..

I'll come up with some sides for Saturday Supper to go with the Fried and Grilled stuff.

Looking Forward to seeing Y'all Soon!

-gus

"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline 4dog

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2014, 08:50:10 am »
there will be a  big  honkin bbq grill...no vendors will be there sorry...but we can do some trading...bring drinks...this is more like a family reunion than some fancy schmancy deal...if we all just get along and there are alot of people..then next year...we will do this a bit more uppity.  lol

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2014, 09:32:00 am »
Hey, we can improvise this thing to a fare-the-well.  I'll bet it is a smoking success!
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2014, 10:13:06 am »
I want everybody to know that i will be there early Saturday.  But my daughter has her first dance recital ever, and i plan on going back to Bryan  around 2;30 i should be back around 4:30.  I will stay for the evening activities.  Looking forward to seeing yall.   

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2014, 06:40:21 pm »
i will be bringing an extra tent that can fit 2 people comfortably if you don't have something to sleep in and plan on staying. I'm also bringing a Bandsaw, shave horse, belt sander and prietty much my bow shop if i can fit it on the trailer. I'll be bringing some hickory quarters for us all to play with. As well as a 16" hickory log if i can fit it on the trailer. If you split it off that log you can have it.
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2014, 10:18:14 pm »
Update -  Brazos County Archery Club is going to be loaning some 3D targets and bag targets for our Bow Bust. Woo Hoo!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: re
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2014, 10:39:45 pm »
i will be bringing an extra tent that can fit 2 people comfortably if you don't have something to sleep in and plan on staying. I'm also bringing a Bandsaw, shave horse, belt sander and prietty much my bow shop if i can fit it on the trailer. I'll be bringing some hickory quarters for us all to play with. As well as a 16" hickory log if i can fit it on the trailer. If you split it off that log you can have it.

Deal  ;)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline jstason

« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2014, 10:53:19 pm »
I'd like to get my hands on some as well ;)

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
RE
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2014, 11:18:47 pm »
Just so ya'll know the bark is still on. the guy was knocking them over so i just couldn't let them go to waste. So there will be that to contend with when you try to work with it.