Author Topic: Wasted Osage! New pics.  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Scottski

Wasted Osage! New pics.
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:54:08 pm »
Lots of osage going to wast. They are dredging a ditch about 6 miles from my house and cutting down all the trees. Osage, hackberry and no telling what else.i ask the main man if we could cut some and he said yes. Now I just have to get out there and cut it. Rain please stop! My friend standing next to one osage we found.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:58:28 pm by Scottski »
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Wasted Osage!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 12:55:03 pm »
screw the rain man lol go get that stuff.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 02:28:07 pm »
SAVE THE OSAGE!!!
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 04:02:54 pm »
The first time I cut Osage I was so excited that I cut logs during a lightning storm.  I said to myself that if God wanted to take me then I guess it was my time.  Get a rain suit and go!

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 04:19:55 pm »
Cut it from a kayak if you have to, hoarding wood is the most important part of the process!!  >:D :laugh:

Offline TRACY

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 07:09:27 am »
Osage will cut rain or shine! Get ahead of the crew and get you some  ;D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Wasted Osage! New pics.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 10:26:37 am »
I cut the majority of my osage in front of a bull dozer. On one 650 acre piece of property that was being made into a golf course, we cut for a solid month off and on. I never thought I would reach the point where I would walk away from good, standing osage but I did, we got too battle weary after a month. My hands were swollen like sausages from so much draw knifing.

Once you walk away from a good supply of osage and later see it splintered and pushed in piles, you will have a tinge of regret that never goes away.

I have more osage than I can use in two lifetimes but still remember vividly every tree I couldn't get to or didn't take the time to rescue from the burn pile.

Offline Badger

Re: Wasted Osage! New pics.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 10:44:46 am »
  I know how you feel Eric, a couple of weeks ago the city took out about 8 large elm trees with perfect straight trunks. I had no way to process the lumber fast enough. The trunks were close to 1,000# each. I am still sick over it.