Author Topic: Wrist Mounted Crossbow?  (Read 5187 times)

Offline BowSlayer

Wrist Mounted Crossbow?
« on: May 20, 2014, 08:06:30 am »
Hey Guys,

So iv'e been watching the TV series arrow about the billionare who got stuck on an island for 5 years and has now returned to his city and by night iis a vigalanty and runs around with a bow and arrow. this inspired me to make a gadget that he might use.

so i thought of making a wrist mounted crossbow after searching youtube and various websites i decided to come here and see if any of you had heard of such a thing? im going out later to buy a pistol crossbow and maybe use the bow and trigger mechanisim in my design.

i also wan't it to double up as a arm gaurd? ill keep you guys posted on how it goes. but would love to hear some opinions or if some of you have heard of something like this please share.

thanks for taking the time to read this ;D

-Jez
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Parnell

Re: Wrist Mounted Crossbow?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 08:51:30 am »
Your not going to put on a cape and start running on rooftops and fall through a glass ceiling onto a dinner party, are you? :laugh:
1’—>1’

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 10:07:20 am »
Make sure you build in a safety. You don't want to be walking around with that thing strapped on your wrist ready to fire without some sort of mechanical reassurance that its not going to launch a bolt through your thigh.

Also you may want to check on the legality of such a gadget. Some places have laws restricting the possession of "concealable" crossbows. So that's something you should check out.

Offline wildman

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 10:20:04 am »
Careful scratching your head and  netheregions >:D
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 10:42:17 am »
Don't shoot your eye out there caped crusader. 
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 07:13:59 pm »
Haha, So i got it, it has a safety built in  ;D and this is only going to be a prop but i might take it down the club for a test run but if i do become a vigalanty make sure they call me Project Crossbow or something cool ;)

EDIT: if i do take this anywhere ill take pics along the way  ;)
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 11:12:03 pm »
YES!  Definitely takes lots of pics.  No selfies though, get someone else to take a picture of you.  I expect full costume and a mask.  ;D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Zuma

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 01:16:08 am »
A sling shot with  darts does not need a safty and is cheap and effective.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 07:24:53 pm »
I expect full costume and a mask.  ;D

Haha well scince you asked so nicely, ill put one together once this thing has been made.

Ok now onto some details. The bow/ Prod is made of metal :o which if im going to be mounting to my arm is going to be to hard to draw (80lb) with one hand, so i plan on making a FG subsitute (Around 20-30Lb) . I also plan on Making a mould of my arm from FG or something similar so that it is custom to me. The trigger is'nt machanical just some plastic on a pivot so it shouldn't be hard to have it connected to a trigger in my hand. I also plan on mounting A Bolt quiver on the sde of this brace. This is just some ideas from looking at it after assembling and un assembling it a few times.

-Jez
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 07:38:35 pm »
"Arrow" is a great show but i dont remember seeing a wrist bow.

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 01:41:13 pm »
"Arrow" is a great show but i dont remember seeing a wrist bow.

So iv'e been watching the TV series arrow about the billionare who got stuck on an island for 5 years and has now returned to his city and by night is a vigalanty and runs around with a bow and arrow. this inspired me to make a gadget that he might use. 

But yes I agree Great Show. I particularly like the Flashbacks to the island.
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 06:43:51 pm »
Ive decided to start a Build along for you guys. there are some more pics there but here is one for here

Build Along:
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,46685.0.html

London, England.

45#@28"