Author Topic: Arm/Wrist mounted Crossbow.  (Read 7412 times)

Offline BowSlayer

Arm/Wrist mounted Crossbow.
« on: May 22, 2014, 06:38:34 pm »
Hey all so anyone who has seen this post http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,46649.0.html will know that i plan on making a Arm mounted Crossbow thingy. well iv'e been looking at the crossbow and assembled and taken it to pieces a few times to get an idea of how it works.

Ive decided to do a build along type thing as i think some people might like to try making it for them selfs. This is completely experimental and probably quite dangerous, so perfect for me. Here are a few pictures ive taken of it assembled to show you guys what im working with

The red line on the picture Below shows were i plan on removing plastic and atatching to a Custom FG arm mould im going to mount it on. Also the Metal prod is 80Lbs and thats way to hard to load with one hand, I plan on making a bow to the same shape and dimensions from FG around 20-30Lbs.

Here are some pictures of it so far and ill keep you all posted on how it goes. Any questions/Sugestions Welcome.

Here you can see two metal prods that pull the string back, they are connected to a handle. Below.

Oh and a FD pic for ya. :P

-Jez
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Arm/Wrist mounted Crossbow.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 06:58:15 pm »
if you really must make this thing. follow the bottom of the "barrel" and cut through the handle so its flat, youll have to grind down the trigger. cut a slot through the barrel section for your first strap and another through the remaining handle. drill a hole through the trigger and make some kind of pulley system behind the the trigger. all thats left is a string to pull the trigger.

Offline wildman

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 09:51:51 pm »
Good luck. I made a muzzleloader out of pipe, plastic stopper, hose clamps and a tree branch when I was ten. I'm still alive ,it did blow the cap out the (plastic breech plug BAD) and pepper us! Hey that was 30 y
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 09:54:24 pm »
I fully support this project   :D

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 06:40:57 pm »
One word... VIDEOS,,, we wanna see this thing shoot...
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 02:24:20 pm »

sure thing will have one when it's built. still working on the designs  >:D
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 03:08:41 pm »
Absolutely!  From every angle too!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!