Author Topic: a little stump shootin  (Read 6418 times)

Offline Josh B

a little stump shootin
« on: May 24, 2014, 07:09:14 pm »
I had a nice outing with my two youngest yahoos.  Gunner and Moyra were under momma's feet every time she turned around so we grabbed our bows and hit the creek for a few hrs.  We killed our fair share of hackberry stumps and managed to come home with all our arrows.  That is a first for us.  If you'll notice the pics w/ me also include my supercool New walking stick from madcrow.  Pics don't do it justice!   A good time was had by all.  Thanks for lookin'!  Josh

Offline half eye

Re: a little stump shootin
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 08:25:22 pm »
absolutely outstanding right there, sir 8) 8) 8) 8) The younguns even got their daddy's "devil" look goin on >:D
rich

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 08:50:06 pm »
Hey Josh, good work!  It is obvious how much you love bein' Daddy.  It must makes me smile.

That walking stick stick must have a little mojo on it since it came from Mad Skills Crow.  It kept track of your arrows for you!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 10:54:07 pm »
Nice da out with the kids, Josh. Hard to beat that and Mom appreciates it too.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 04:03:59 am »
Two Thumbs up Josh ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 09:48:32 am »
Awesome post Josh.  Beautiful young'uns! It sure looks like y'all had a great time. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 05:07:18 pm »
Quality time there Josh and it sure looks like the youngsters were enjoying the shooting time with Dad. Always nice to see post like this, life's simple pleasures are the best. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 06:52:55 pm »
Didn't recognize you!   :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Josh B

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 09:25:59 am »
Thanks fellas!  It was a good time for sure.   I believe that walking stick does carry some good mojo.  One of the cool things we got to experience was four woodies that have taken up residence in our creek.  We quietly watched them from about ten yrds away for a few minutes while they did their thing.   None of my kids have ever seen wood ducks that close before.  It was a double blessing for me as I not only got to enjoy watching the most beautiful ducks to ever take flight, but I got to marvel at how my two youngest sat there in the brush in quiet awe of nature's beauty.   I was proud of how their woods skills were progressing up until my son had an epiphany and in an excited voice asked, "Dad!  Can we eat em!?!?".   Well....end of the quiet moment.  Those woodies busted out of there in a hurry.  I thought my daughter was gonna push my son in the creek, she was so mad!  Lol!
Bill, I got a mixed reaction when I got home without my beard.  My wife and oldest daughter both said it was about time.  The three youngest thought that I should've kept the beard.  I guess you can't please everyone.  Thanks again for the kind words!  Josh
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:56:31 am by Gun Doc »

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 09:41:50 am »
Great :) time out in the woods with your kids. What more can a man ask for?
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 12:54:18 pm »
Sweet Action there Josh!! Good Times for Sure!! dp

oh...congratz for finding all your arrows too!  ;D ;)
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 10:13:41 am »
Right you are Del!  Thanks Derik!  Josh

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 01:02:18 pm »
That is just great.  What more could a Papa ask for than spending good quality time with the young uns, doing something that all enjoy.  I think I'll have to take my two out soon to do some stumpin.  Good job Doc.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Josh B

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 01:24:49 pm »
It's time well spent Greg!  I wish we could do it more often.  Thanks!  Josh

Offline drycreekarcher

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 12:37:38 am »
It's good to see you get to spend some time with your kids, since you have to be out on the road so much. You don't look like that guy I met at the classic a month ago. Have you taken on a new identity? Good talkin to ya. Eric