Author Topic: Progress Report (lDEADLINE PLUS 8 DAYS)  (Read 66698 times)

Offline autologus

Re: Progress Report
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2014, 02:06:56 pm »
If you got me, don't worry about being late just take your time on something, no big deal.  Duck made that bow for you, make something for your guy just tell them you will be late, I am sure they would understand I know I would.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2014, 02:26:27 pm »
I agree with autologus. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't understand. I was only kidding about it being me but I have enough bows to shoot that a wait wouldn't bother me in the least.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2014, 02:44:11 pm »
its been a hassle just for me to work on theses bows in general, literally had to go to my "wifes" house to work on the bow. thats not as simple as it sounds since were getting divorced.  second, all the wood i have is still green. its easier for me to just pass it on and hand over the bow i have since thats the rule i made myself.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2014, 02:48:45 pm »
I am steadily working on my trade bow.....it will come down to the wire but I will have it finished.  Had some delays but all should be good now.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline doulosparachristos

« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2014, 03:02:07 pm »
Well you can mark me as shipped.
Philippians 3: 7-11

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2014, 04:27:25 pm »
Mark me as shipped. USPS priority mail, insured, tracking # >:D
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2014, 06:07:41 pm »
I would agree with autologus, but I like your ability to stick to your rule too. If I was the recipient of your bow I have no problem waiting it out as long as you need. It just makes me have to work on my own projects and not play with a new toy as soon :laugh:.

sorry to hear about your divorce. never an easy thing to go through no matter what.

John
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2014, 06:12:48 pm »
thanks john

Offline DuBois

« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2014, 06:49:03 pm »
You're a good man Jordan.
I been bummed all day cause me and the wife talked last night and aint much but kids and convenience keeping us together. Divorce is really just a matter of time here.
Best wishes with it all.

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2014, 07:13:06 pm »
Jordan, it's been a long time but I remember it well. We separated in 80 and divorced in 82. Taught me a hard lesson. I came close to trying again a few times but never did remarry. My salvation was the kids. After I returned to Nebraska from Indiana in 86 I spent most the time with my sons and finally received custody in 88 when they were 11 and 12 yrs old. Best thing that ever happened to me and  them. Keep your chin up and stay close to your family. Fred

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2014, 07:32:00 pm »
You're a good man Jordan.
I been bummed all day cause me and the wife talked last night and aint much but kids and convenience keeping us together. Divorce is really just a matter of time here.
Best wishes with it all.

it aint easy man but id rather happy and alone then married and miserable. id recommend going to a therapist just to make the process easier to go through, that way theres now resentment. you either go to save your marriage or to end your marriage.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2014, 07:33:11 pm »
Jordan, it's been a long time but I remember it well. We separated in 80 and divorced in 82. Taught me a hard lesson. I came close to trying again a few times but never did remarry. My salvation was the kids. After I returned to Nebraska from Indiana in 86 I spent most the time with my sons and finally received custody in 88 when they were 11 and 12 yrs old. Best thing that ever happened to me and  them. Keep your chin up and stay close to your family. Fred

yeah its not something youll ever forget. i spend as much time as i can with my son, hopefully one day ill get primary custody of him.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2014, 07:42:55 pm »
That sucks Jordan.  If you need anything just let me know.  Really anything!  I'm sure who your guy will be more than understanding if it was a little late, but good on ya for saying you'll give yours away. 

Offline autologus

« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2014, 08:14:54 pm »
To me the whole thing about this trade is the spirit of giving and it its me I would gladly give you all time you need.  Our families are important to us that is why we keep coming back to this site because of the family like fellowship you take care of your family at home then you can take care of your obligations here we will understand.   Prayers go out to you.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2014, 08:33:56 pm »
You can mark me down as shipped.  It's headed east of me >:D.