Author Topic: Progress Report (lDEADLINE PLUS 8 DAYS)  (Read 66762 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Progress Report
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2014, 08:39:21 pm »
I would rather have the bowyer take his time even though time is almost up. If you try to rush you don't learn anything good through the process and the work will show it. Take your time and get her done right. I did my PA trade bow early but still haven't shipped my TG trade bow that was due July 11. It should go out early next week.
  I've not been divorced but I've been married a divorced woman for over 36 years and helped her raise her daughter. Meredith was 6 when Marcia and I got married.  I did go through some of the post divorce stuff for about 12 years until Meredith went to college. After that her Dad didn't care. He didn't have to pay child support anymore.
 Keep in close contact with your kids and a civil relationship with your ex for the kids.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2014, 08:49:03 pm »
Great advise Pat.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2014, 10:47:27 am »
well its gonna be to the wire...but im makin progress.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline autologus

« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2014, 10:53:08 am »
I am officially finished, I will ship on Monday.  I will get some pictures up this weekend.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2014, 11:16:51 am »
This is such an amazing group of people sometimes.  You can truly feel the respect and concern held for one another.  @Jordan - Here's hoping for the best possible outcomes for you and yours.  These things are NEVER easy.  Your answers will not be the same as anyone else's answers.  Just strive to do honorably with all parties involved and you'll come out alright!

As for the Trade - I'll echo what was said by others - If it were me, ...I'd want to wait.  I had to send a bow late in the last trade I was in.  It made me all the more determined to make the best bow I could for my recipient.  All-in-all, I think it worked out fine and the world kept turning.

OneBow

Offline DuBois

« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2014, 10:16:59 pm »
Just checked tracking..."Spooky" is on her way  :-X

Offline DuBois

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2014, 10:22:02 pm »
You're a good man Jordan.
I been bummed all day cause me and the wife talked last night and aint much but kids and convenience keeping us together. Divorce is really just a matter of time here.
Best wishes with it all.

it aint easy man but id rather happy and alone then married and miserable. id recommend going to a therapist just to make the process easier to go through, that way theres now resentment. you either go to save your marriage or to end your marriage.

I could probably use a therapist  :-\ ::) LOL
As for going as a couple, I been twice in the past 2 years....alone!  :o Gotta laugh a little on that one and it tells me a little of what I need to know  ;).

I am officially finished, I will ship on Monday.  I will get some pictures up this weekend.

Grady
Looking forward to seeing your work Grady, my ERC didn't make the cut so I am glad you got it done.

Offline WoodBenderDW

« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2014, 10:13:19 am »
My bow has been "shipped" and the recipient has "received" it.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2014, 11:24:14 am »
Got my wrap done. Now to pry it outta my hands. Getting the stuff to send her tomorrow and shipping Monday.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline autologus

« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2014, 11:34:45 am »
That grip looks great.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2014, 12:26:44 pm »
Thanks man! I got a little drop of glue on the leather but didn't wanna take it off. I liked it too much
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2014, 04:32:57 pm »
Mine has reached it's destination city but looks like the recipient is unavailable.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2014, 04:50:41 pm »
Those skins look great man.  That handle is slick slick slick.  Great job

Offline pincushin

« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2014, 04:52:53 pm »
OMG I have just received my trade bow from Roy Harper can't express how I feel in words it is by far the most beautiful well crafted bow I have ever put my hands on

Offline DGF

« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2014, 04:53:10 pm »
Put mine in the tube yesterday and mailed her off this morning. Hope ***** likes it!  :)

-Dan
Wyoming, MI