Author Topic: Progress Report (lDEADLINE PLUS 8 DAYS)  (Read 66769 times)

Offline autologus

Re: Progress Report
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2014, 12:03:29 am »
Thanks for all the kind words I just wanted to make the best bow I could.  It is in a tube and will go to the USPS in the morning.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2014, 09:18:15 am »
Woah Grady!!!! that is a SAWEEEEET bow right there, got me drooling here in NY... where its going right?!?!  >:D
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2014, 09:26:21 am »
Got mine in a tube and waiting for the post office to open. It's a bitter sweet day. I ship my first trade bow  :'( man it's hard to let go of. Hopefully my guy likes it.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2014, 01:20:19 pm »
the list has been updated. let me know if i missed anyone

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2014, 01:24:04 pm »
I know neo got busboys bow today.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2014, 01:36:18 pm »
Thanks jordo

Offline bubby

« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2014, 03:31:03 pm »
I got back from a knap-in at Yosemite last nite and my wife said I had something at the P.O., just picked it up and it's a Purdy little osage bow from Fred Arnold, thank's fred i'll post some pics later today if I can and i'll try and get a f/d I've been layed up a bit but I really feel the need to fling some arrows, thank's Fred i's a good'n ;), bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2014, 05:58:49 pm »
I got a visit from UPS today, Ill show off my new SWEET bow from bushboy tomorrow
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2014, 10:53:29 pm »
Thats one beautiful bow Grady!!

Well fellas, looks like I'm going to be about a week late on my trade bow. Circumstances beyond my control, pulled me out of the shop for almost 2 weeks. Long story short, The wife and oldest daughter were in an accident, everybody is ok now, but was quite a scare for all of us, and my wife's car is totaled. Just didn't have time to get in the shop. Will be back at it tomorrow though. Sorry to my victim, I hate being late!!! I'll have to throw in something a little extra to make up for it. ;)

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2014, 10:58:30 pm »
Thats one beautiful bow Grady!!

Well fellas, looks like I'm going to be about a week late on my trade bow. Circumstances beyond my control, pulled me out of the shop for almost 2 weeks. Long story short, The wife and oldest daughter were in an accident, everybody is ok now, but was quite a scare for all of us, and my wife's car is totaled. Just didn't have time to get in the shop. Will be back at it tomorrow though. Sorry to my victim, I hate being late!!! I'll have to throw in something a little extra to make up for it. ;)

Tattoo Dave

Our prayers go out to you, Dave. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2014, 11:13:29 pm »
Well... My trade bow right angled at 24"...never had a hinge develop so quickly... Dang it all! Im off work this week so i can put alot of time towards another but dang  :o... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2014, 11:14:42 pm »
That is never fun, but so close to deadline, it really sux.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »
Thanks JW, everybody's ok now, but it was a little chaotic for a minute. Could have been a lot worse.

Thats a bummer Koan! I had one tillered out to 26" 3 weeks ago, and the tip snapped off on me. Broke about 4" down. Never fails, I build bows all year with few problems, then try and make a trade bow, and everything goes wrong. >:(

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2014, 11:26:40 pm »
Murphy is never far away from me lately, lol... Glad your family is ok... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline 4dog

« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2014, 12:30:24 am »
note to self...never take a trade bow to INK's house so close to deadline...i swear he talks me into toasting bellies and experimenting quicker than anyone...so mine looks like its gonna be a coupla days late....but i AM getting close...unless he talks me into flipping a tip or two....LA LA LA LA LA...IM NOT LISTENING TO INK!!!   ...(side note...it was a good idea he had soooo....no harm no foul)
"SET" is always there !!!