Author Topic: Testing arrowhead mount  (Read 1918 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Testing arrowhead mount
« on: June 23, 2014, 07:53:08 pm »
I plan to do some hunting come Fall so I wanted to make sure I was building solid arrows that were up to snuff.  I ran some arrows by folks at the classic and got some good advice.  Here's a quick video of the arrow and me shooting it.  I really liked it and the arrow went where I intended it to.  Unfortunately I did end up messing up the mount after several shots into the cushion.  I think it was a bad release or something so it didn't hit straight in.  Anyway,  let me know waht y'all think

Just click the picture to view the video!  :D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Testing arrowhead mount
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 08:48:55 pm »
That first shot, like in hunting situations, was a killer. Those arrows look to fly well.
If you used pitch glue just heat the head a little, straighten the head and let the glue re-set .
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 11:03:17 pm »
Looks like it will work.   :)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 02:18:18 pm »
Thanks guys.  I'm low on pine pitch so I just used the raw stuff to smooth things out.  It seemed to hold up well.  I did the spin test and it was pretty much perfect.  No wobble at all.

I applied for the sambar deer hunt so that's kind of getting me excited.  Even if I don't get it I want to be hunting real soon.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!