Author Topic: Quiver that stays in place?  (Read 3853 times)

Offline Aaron H

Quiver that stays in place?
« on: July 01, 2014, 04:45:39 pm »
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a traditional back quiver to stay put, where it is easier to pull an arrow?  I want to stick with the back quiver because I already have one built, but it keeps sliding down to where I just look like my dog chasing its tail trying to pull an arrow!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Quiver that stays in place?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 04:55:39 pm »
Is your back quiver soft leather like elk hide or hard leather like vegetable tanned or latigo? It may have to do with the way the quiver hangs from the strap, the strap length. I haven't used a back quiver in a long time but I think I had to add a thong to the lower strap at the quiver and attached to a belt loop on my jeans. I never get used to a back quiver. I think they look cool, just not for me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 05:01:54 pm »
Hard, vegetable tanned cowhide.  I don't think it's the way the strap hangs from the bag because it is flat against my back.  and my strap is adjustable.  I have seen people use a third strap that goes under the right arm of a right handed shooter, but I don't understand how this would help

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 05:08:53 pm »
     Dag nabbit, Rabbit, Pat I was just going to suggest the same thing.  Falcon, like Pat said.  Adjust the quiver to where you want it, then tie a piece of string to your belt, or belt loop, and tie the string to the strap, or just pinch the strap where you want to tie the string, and then remove the quiver, and tie the string to the strap, or mark the strap, and sew or rivet a measured strap to the quiver strap, and then run the belt strap to the belt, and put a snap, or a slit in the leather, and put a knob, or a stud, of some type on the belt strap, to put the slit over.  Depends on how fancy you want to get. ;)

Wayne
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:13:50 pm by stickbender »

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 05:15:56 pm »
It is a gift for a friend, so I want it to look nice for them.  While I understand what you both mean, I was hoping there was another alternative. 

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 07:18:09 pm »
Here are a couple of pictures of it so far.  It is vegetable tanned cowhide, with a mahogany stain.  Black leather lacing, black elk leather strap and sheepskin fur lining.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 08:51:09 pm »
Put a strap or belt across the chest from both sides of the shoulder strap.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 08:00:33 am »
I'm thinking about trying two shoulder straps, like a backpack