Author Topic: Osage Static  (Read 11435 times)

Offline bootboy

• vinland longbows
Re: Osage Static
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 02:02:27 am »
All these bows are really awesome. I sure would like to see a build a long forfor a static with these type of bush knoks or whatever they are called.
knapp 'um if you got 'um

PK

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 02:08:20 am »
You gotta understand this That is Outstanding ! That is the best bow Ive seen yet.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:25:53 am by PK »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 05:59:22 am »
Beautiful bow ,very fine job,bet it is a shooter. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 08:19:59 am »
Good looking bow Chris.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 08:31:52 am »
Nyah, Nyah na nyah nyah....I've already got to shoot it....and most of y'all won't get to........nyah nyah na nyah nyah....Most excellent bow, Chris.  8)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 08:50:54 am »
Yup gotta agree, she looks real nice and the Grumley style brush gaurds just add to its beauty and character.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 08:59:59 am »
Wow, that is a real beauty Chris! I bet it's fast.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

DCM

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 10:13:13 am »
Very nice.  Would love to see the handle and double shelf, although honestly I'm repulsed by it's proposed purpose.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 11:10:28 am »
Very sweet bow Chris. Those recurves look great and tiller looks right on. I bet that's a quick shooting bow.  Keenan

PK

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 12:26:59 pm »
Yup gotta agree, she looks real nice and the Grumley style brush gaurds just add to its beauty and character.
;D

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 12:37:18 pm »
Excellent bow.  Did you have much trouble lining up the tips?  That has always been my big worry on these kinds of bows.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline markinengland

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 12:51:56 pm »
Really nice lines.
I guess the recurves are steamed in? How do you then shape the other lams onto the recurve for the rbush nocks?
Now I am wondering if I could make one of those in Ipe/Hickory or Ipe/Boo.
Mark in England

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 06:08:50 pm »
     Nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, I shot it too. You said you weren't  going to post that ol' dog. ;) Just kidding, It's one of the prettiest and smoothest shooting bows I've shot. Chris, I still have a few Damascus knives.  ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Tom B

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 06:18:10 pm »
Really nice bow Chris.Dual shelf,ones in the wrong place. And poundage...iffn ya wanted me ta shoot it,it needs ta lose ten.wups,my mistake ::)tom

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 06:35:15 pm »
thanks guys!  i started on this bow last june.  with all that's going on it's taken me that long to finish it up.  a few more specs, the fades are 1.5" tapering to a point with just under 3" statics.  i used bison horn for the tip overlays and steam to bend the tips.  i hand rubbed 8 coats of tru-oil and then went over the finish with stock conditioner to give a satin finish.  i think i used my 60 degree form on this bow.  i put rests on both ends of the grip because i noticed the lower limb of some short statics start to take a little more set after 500-700 shots.  didn't want that to happen to this bow.  never really checked the weight while i was tillering this bow out so i was surprised to find out the weight was 65#, she feels like 60.  i wish i could go into detail about how i put the brush nocks on but it is a patented cade technique (steve and eddie will get this joke), but if everyone will keep a secret i used 1/8" strips of osage and walnut.  heat them up with a heat gun, put on a little titebond, and clamp them down to fit the bend.  the bow should slide through the bushes with ease with these brush nocks.  i really can't feel any handshock with this bow.  eddie and steve shot her a couple times, maybe they can add something as to how she feels.  here are a few more pics.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy