Main Discussion Area > Cooking Forum

Zucchini and Crook Neck

(1/3) > >>

JoJoDapyro:
I have a small garden, and of course I have to grow Zucchini and Crook Neck, and mostly they are cooked together. My wife peels, slices, and cooks it in butter with salt and pepper. My sister grills hers skin on, with just olive oil and garlic salt. How do you prepare yours?

Pat B:
This year we grew straight neck squash. Same as crook neck but straight. I slice it and some onion and put it in the steamer with a bit od salt and fresh ground black pepper. When done I drain the water, add butter and stir it all up.
 My aunt used to sauté squash in bacon grease until almost mush. That was killer too. 

PEARL DRUMS:
We like to cube it up into 1" squares, then toss it on a cookie sheet with olive oil and roast it in the oven.  Matter of fact, we do almost all veggies that way. My wife has tried no less than 10 veggies that way. Parsnip is super sweet after its roasted. 

Will H:
I like to cut zucchini into spears and coat them with oil and cheese then stick em in the oven for 20 min at 350.

Both are good just about anyway you cook em. But when you have a garden you get creative at cookin em with the abundance of food. One way I like to do squash and zucchini for breakfast is take a cheese grater to em. Then sauté em in a skillet for a bit and put em in a tortilla with eggs cheese some tomato from the garden. Whatever else you like.

JoJoDapyro:
I just had a coworker tell me that she has an uncle in Italy who shreds them and pickles them (I canned some pickled asparagus last night). I bet that would be really good as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version