Author Topic: Quiver Preference  (Read 6201 times)

Offline bow101

Quiver Preference
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:16:23 am »
I have only made one quiver and decided to make it a side quiver. Why....? I just thought it would be more comfortable been on the side instead of my back. Heck I have never even owned a back-pak.. All my trips are short day trekkers maybe 4-8 hours.
I actullay used a Back-pak for the first time last week,  Did I like it....NOPE...!!!  So what do you guys prefer .....?

1) Side quiver
2) Back quiver
3) Bow quiver...........or other...
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Newindian

Re: Quiver Preference
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:41 am »
Back, I've yet to have a satisfied experience with a side quiver
I like free stuff.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 04:51:30 am »
For 3-d shootin' I use either a back or pocket quiver. Hunting I use a hip quiver, always wear a day-pack. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 05:23:49 am »
3 D pocket quiver, for hunting ,bow quiver,strap on.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 05:44:13 am »
For Me, I couldn't get used to a bow mounted quiver - seemed to un balance things. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 07:15:50 am »
Seems to do just the oppsite for me Bob,seems to add a little weight and I can hide behind it if need be. :) :) It is all in what you get use to,I use to use a back quiver but started carrying a day pack as I got older,then tried the hip/side/Asbell style and I guess about everything else one time or another,  ???guess that is why my cabin is full of all kinds of arrow quivers now. ;) ;D finaly decided on the strap on bow quiver and that is about all I use anymore. :)bow101 I would just give several styles a try and it won't take long to find the +-'s of each.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 08:31:16 am »
I like a modified stalker-type side quiver. Back quiver seems to always get snagged on brush and hard to get to your arrows, and a bow quiver just doesn't feel right to me on a selfbow, never could get used to it.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 09:50:04 am »
I've tried about every kind of quiver you could think of and probably a few others. When I shot glass bows I liked a bow quiver for the same reasons Pappy said but not for selfbows. I like my selfbows nekket. For 3D shooting I like a side stalker style quiver and for hunting I like a GFA style side quiver I made from my old bow quiver.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 10:46:34 am »
I use a basket or pocket quiver all summer. For hunting I prefer my cat quiver mini. BUT, a good friend of mine is transforming a bobcat tom hide into a quiver for me. So Im sure it will ride along this fall.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JEB

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 12:29:28 pm »
I use a back or side quiver for trad shoots but I took a slide on kwikee quiver and mounted the bow attachment to a piece of leather and put that on a belt and use that quiver for hunting.  Cheap to make and very quiet when walking.  I just un-clip the quiver from the belt and hang it in a tree or on my stand when I am hunting.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 02:40:35 pm »
I prefer plains style or stalker type side quivers for roaving, stumping, and target.

For a hunting quiver I prefer a hooded quiver whether on the bow or on the side but definitely not a back quiver.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline warpath

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 02:43:31 pm »
I prefer a back quiver. Probably got at least a dozen of them. Tried all styles and still prefer a back quiver. I was taught to put on a back quiver with 36" dowells in it to learn how to move through brush when I was around 12 yrs old.

G

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 01:12:47 am »
The bestest quiver is the one I got from Pat.  Thanks buddy it is sweet!
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 08:26:58 am »
You better say that, Jon.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 09:05:06 am »
If I'm stalking I either use my Highnoon Hunter side quiver/back quiver or carry two arrows in my hand. In a tree stand I like the strap on quivers that Pappy uses.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?