Author Topic: Thanks Ink!  (Read 1799 times)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Thanks Ink!
« on: August 01, 2014, 08:16:50 pm »
First, to everyone who didn't or couldn't make it to our Texas Bow Bust this year (the epic inaugural event), you missed a great time with great people.  4dog did an outstanding job of organizing and bringing it about.  Great food, lots of bows made, points made, boomerangs made, but lot's of new friends made as well.  I would start naming names of the people that I came to know while their, but I am afraid I would leave someone out unintentionally, so suffice to say, a great time with great folks.  Try and put it on your schedule next year, you will be glad you did.  Now, one of those fine people I met was Ink (Jason).  He brought along his mother and father who were also a pleasure to hang out with.  I brought along a bow stave that I chased a ring on while there and Jason steadied one end of it for me as I worked.  I believe in seeing the pitiful shape that my draw knife was in he took pity upon me.  I have had the thing for...decades anyway.  The handles are just about gone and I simply tape them up with duct tape every so often to keep it intact.  It's my oldest and favoritest draw knife.  My wife called me this week and said I had a package waiting for me at home.  I got home today and opened it and found 2 shiny new hand made Osage handles for the old girl.  Beautiful work and an outstanding gesture.  I will put them on Ole Bessy this weekend and sell off some of my shares in 3M, as this will undoubtedly have an adverse effect on their earnings going forward.  Your a good guy, and I wanted to thank you publically.   
Slim   
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline autologus

Re: Thanks Ink!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:58:06 pm »
Those are nice. You are a good guy for doing that Jason.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 10:23:20 pm »
Those are cool!  Nice work Ink.  Slimbob, could you post some pictures of the finished product?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 10:31:27 pm »
I will Clint.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 09:08:26 am »
Those are really nice! Now, which will outlast the other, handles or steel? I'm betting the handles.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 10:29:19 pm »
Fit them on today and then put it to work on some Persimmon.  Terribly hard stuff.  I think I may get another 20 years out it.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 10:37:06 pm »
That looks nice!
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 11:12:51 pm »
Nice indeed!  I may have to invest in a lathe.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN