Author Topic: Red Maple  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Lee Lobbestael

Red Maple
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:14:21 pm »
Has anyone here made a red maple self bow? Got a bunch of Red maple staves and would like to give them a try. What has your guys' experience been with it? I did a search on it and didn't find any red maple bows

Offline TRACY

Re: Red Maple
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:51:28 am »
I made a 40 lb bow for my nephew and it turned out nice. It took a little set but was fast. I would flip the tips and and add reflex on the next one. I went with 2" at the fades taper to 1/2" tips 60ttt.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:19:45 am »
Lee, you've posted the exact same question nineteen days ago. What was wrong with that topic? You can just 'revive' that old topic, as far as I'm concerned. If everyone would post the same questions twice, it would get rather messy here...

There is more info in this topic: http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php?topic=10232.0
And more to be found through Google.
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286

Offline Lee Lobbestael

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 08:11:45 am »
Thanks guys! Yeah I should have revived it. I did not think of that. It just seemed like nobody had much to say on the topic and I couldn't find much info on it so I thought I would bring it back up O:)

Offline Lee Lobbestael

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 08:17:27 am »
DarkSoul, That link helped a lot. Thank You. Not sure why that didn't turn up in my search